• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

MEIZU Hifi Pro USB-C Phone Dongle DAC Review

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks! It's saying 20-40 days for shipping, I feel thoroughly spoilt by Amazon, used to getting stuff in hours or days not months!

Don't suppose you've tried a SoundblasterX G1 or G6 have you? Be interesting to see how comparable they are!

Thanks,
Probably quicker than that. No i don't but there is a g6 review thread live on here

D

Deleted member 12290

I ordered the Meizu pro from Ali Express on April 25th, and it has not even shipped yet! They say another 36+ days! Has already been 25 days. Having lived in China , I should have known better.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I ordered the Meizu pro from Ali Express on April 25th, and it has not even shipped yet! They say another 36+ days! Has already been 25 days. Having lived in China , I should have known better.
Well I ordered another from meizu /xiomi International store on ali last night. Got shipping notification overnight!

vkvedam

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Well I ordered another from meizu /xiomi International store on ali last night. Got shipping notification overnight!
I bought it from the same Xiomi official store on Aliexpress! UAPP is awesome!

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

How odd. It said they had 80 in stock last night so no idea why yours hasnt been sent already!

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
And yeah, UAPP is one of the only apps I have paid money for and had no regrets!

scherbakov_al

I did like this:
IMG_20200521_133158.jpg
Now there is no noise from the 4G signal.

scherbakov_al

Nice, I shall try this, is it because of the cable not having any shielding?
Yes, there is a problem with shielding.
I tried another version with shielding. I wrapped the entire device with aluminum foil. From above everything was sealed with a shrink hose. This design seemed to me not very successful for the connector. When used on the road, this may not be very convenient.

vkvedam

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Yes, there is a problem with shielding.
I tried another version with shielding. I wrapped the entire device with aluminum foil. From above everything was sealed with a shrink hose. This design seemed to me not very successful for the connector. When used on the road, this may not be very convenient.
At home I have zero issues as I am on WiFi, I only observed the RFI when I was out shopping last weekend. Not an issue when the music's playing as long it's not classical genre.

Veri

Master Contributor
Now and then I pick up my meizu dongle and I'm wowed again by how good a simple silly dongle can sound.
I should convince myself to do this every time I want to buy new gear I really don't need... :D

Last edited:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Now and then I pick up my meizu dongle and I'm wowed again by how good a simply silly dongle can sound.
I should convince myself to do this every time I want to buy new gear I really don't need... :D

I just bought my third Pro. At £30 all done (unless the customs man is being mean) . At that kinda price its worth putting one on all my "walking" IEMs rather than wonder which case it currrently resides in

Veri

Master Contributor
At that kinda price its worth putting one on all my "walking" IEMs rather than wonder which case it currrently resides in
Hahah, don't tempt me.. :p but yes. I'm actually using non-pro myself, being a cheap bastard :)

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hahah, don't tempt me.. :p but yes. I'm actually using non-pro myself, being a cheap bastard :)

If we practised what we preached and said the measurements suggest minimal to no audible difference between , I would too. I can hardly fall back on the appearance and function defence for spending more $$$

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

But, it says Pro, so must be better . Yeah?

Top Bottom