• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

MEIZU Hifi Pro USB-C Phone Dongle DAC Review

goldark

Forum Donor
Hello all, finally upgraded to a phone without a headphone jack so in need of a USB-C dongle.

I tried to find this model on AliExpress but it was a little confusing as to which model was the same as this one. Can anyone point me to a link to purchase this? Thanks ahead of time!

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello all, finally upgraded to a phone without a headphone jack so in need of a USB-C dongle.

I tried to find this model on AliExpress but it was a little confusing as to which model was the same as this one. Can anyone point me to a link to purchase this? Thanks ahead of time!
It has been long discontinued. I suggest this one below instead.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you, sir! Are there any measurements available for it?
No measurements that I know of, but I own 2 units and use them daily without issues.

These tiny dongle DACs don't have much more than the all-in-one DAC chip AFAIK, so the DAC specs is pretty much what we would get from the end product I suppose. In this case, ESS ES9281 with SNR 110dB, DNR 123dB and THD+N -114dB is pretty good. Plus it has mic support for using a 3.5 mm cable with inline mic. And DSD and MQA for the folks into that...

goldark

Forum Donor
No measurements that I know of, but I own 2 units and use them daily without issues.

These tiny dongle DACs don't have much more than the all-in-one DAC chip AFAIK, so the DAC specs is pretty much what we would get from the end product I suppose. In this case, ESS ES9281 with SNR 110dB, DNR 123dB and THD+N -114dB is pretty good. Plus it has mic support for using a 3.5 mm cable with inline mic. And DSD and MQA for the folks into that...
Thanks, I put in an order for 2 of them.

vkvedam

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Isn't it better to be getting a Moondrop one instead, for the same price I suppose :confused:

mc.god

Isn't it better to be getting a Moondrop one instead, for the same price I suppose :confused:
Moondrop Dawn Pro similarly priced has a different form factor and doesn't support mic cable for calls, so if those looking for these feature Keysion dongle is surely a nice option, along with the even cheaper Jcally JM30 Pro that should measure fine on par of the JM 20 reported here https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ed-to-cirrus-logic-cs43131.23138/post-1720255

Moondrop has the Click dongle supporting mic, even cheaper but I don't know much about it and suppose it's a very basic dongle, probably 1 V output.

mc.god

bungle

Again, I LOVE seeing what makers are able to do in such price brackets.

High price in DACs and such tends raise more concerns, and usually it shows in measurements too.

Top Bottom