• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements & Preview of Holo Audio Spring 3 DAC / wPreamp (Prototype)

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
A ‘sinsad’ of 145 a lot of sinning followed by a fair amount of regret.
Keith

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I applaud you for purchasing both units, now you just need to compare them level matched and unsighted.
Keith

Kenmoreira85

I applaud you for purchasing both units, now you just need to compare them level matched and unsighted.
Keith
No need they sound totally different. Like using # headphones and matching the frequency using eq. Numbers don't tell the whole story. They are one tool.

HorizonsEdge

No need they sound totally different. Like using # headphones and matching the frequency using eq. Numbers don't tell the whole story. They are one tool.

Actually, NEED. People say that everyone is entitled to an opinion. I do not necessarily agree but do not expect anyone to take your word for it without having actual facts to back it up. If you want your subjectivity to be embraced and applauded you have come to the wrong place. This is not personal. This is just fact based feedback.

I do take issue with you acknowledging that "numbers" contribute to evaluating a product while at the same time dismissing the need to actually perform measurements.

Cheers

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Everyone believes that until they level match and compare unsighted.
Keith

Le Concombre

Everyone believes that until they level match and compare unsighted.
Keith
what makes one of your customers purchase a Benchmark DAC when level matched unsighted the cheaper RME sounds alike IYO ? why do you carry competing products at all ? to sell the cheapest systematically ?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
what makes one of your customers purchase a Benchmark DAC when level matched unsighted the cheaper RME sounds alike IYO ? why do you carry competing products at all ? to sell the cheapest systematically ?
All the dacs we represent sound identical because they are properly engineered and this is reflected in their measurements, customers choose on aesthetics and mainly the features they require, digital is done.
Keith

Le Concombre

All the dacs we represent sound identical because they are properly engineered and this is reflected in their measurements, customers choose on aesthetics and mainly the features they require, digital is done.
Keith
I'll soon find out if I should have stick with my TEAC 501 if the Spring 3 doesn't sound any better

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
You ‘should’ compare level matched and unsighted, the ‘spring’ may sound different if it adds enough distortion to be audible.
Keith

Le Concombre

can't wait to get my Spring 3 ! Some guy on the AS forum complains that the R2R PCM part is useless. Prefers SDM. Is that general opinion of Spring or May users ?

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
can't wait to get my Spring 3 ! Some guy on the AS forum complains that the R2R PCM part is useless. Prefers SDM. Is that general opinion of Spring or May users ?

That's silly. Why buy Spring or May if you don't want R2R? That's mostly what you're paying for in those converters.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The more accurate the resistor implementation the more accurate and thus sigma-delta like it will become.
Keith

Top Bottom