• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of Topping D70s Dual 4497 DAC

WolfX-700

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have received this device for a long time....Because this is a retail version that has been finalized, I was not interested in measuring it before. Especially considering that AKM’s chip factory has been burnt down...I think this machine will not be taken out for retail. If I measure and publish the data and finally it is not released... Isn't that a joke?It wasn't until I saw the pre-release promotion in the manufacturer's QQ Group that I confirmed that they would actually sell this device. So I connected it to my analyzer... and was shocked directly
What the hell is this? 4497 with 120SINAD?
This is the Spec of 4497:
spec.png

I have measured many DACs based on 4497, most of which SINAD can’t even get close to the THD+N value of Spec.

Look at things first:
D70sPhoto.jpg

Rear.jpg

From the the craftsmanship of the case, D70s is even better than D90.The back cover is CNC processed, and the brand part of the front cover is also specially processed. It doesn't look so cheap anymore, well done.

This is the measurement result:

Topping D70s Dashboard4V(-1.5db on DAC)
Dashboard4.jpg

Topping D70s Dashboard5V
Dashboard5V.jpg

Dynamic-Range.jpg

Linearity-(-20.jpg
THD+N-Ratio-vs-Freq.jpg
SMPTE-Ratio.jpg
Crosstalk.jpg

What surprised me most is that the low frequency distortion increase of the previous AKM DAC disappeared... Almost -130 Multitone are crazy!

Multitone.jpg

USB:
12K.jpg

AES:
AES12K.jpg

Coax:
COAX12K.jpg

Opt:
OPT-12K.jpg

Asahi Kasei never die, it just burned down……

nighteagle

Is this better than the D90? Got a mail from shenzhenaudio today that this was out for. Thinking about connecting it to a A90 using XLR.

fieldcar

Is this better than the D90? Got a mail from shenzhenaudio today that this was out for. Thinking about connecting it to a A90 using XLR.
Once you get past 100dB SINAD, its mainly about features and looks. No one would be able to tell the difference between them. The I/O and display look identical at first glance, so just get what's cheaper.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Multitone is better than D90. Impressive indeed.

Reactions: Max

ENG

Forum Donor
Amir‘s review of the same, D70, gave about 109 SINAD. I am not that technical, so please explain the difference.

OP
WolfX-700

WolfX-700

Forum Donor

Veri

Master Contributor
Amir‘s review of the same, D70, gave about 109 SINAD. I am not that technical, so please explain the difference.
D70s features upgraded hardware and design/implementation. They learnt from the past podel.

Lero

D30pro measurement seams pretty close to this one , some slighty better some slightly worse. I heard that d30pro will likely be priced a little bit higher than d50s (around 300usd ???) , what dose justify the price difference? ( d70s belongs to 600usd range i see(?))

Veri

Master Contributor
D30pro measurement seams pretty close to this one , some slighty better some slightly worse. I heard that d30pro will likely be priced a little bit higher than d50s (around 300usd ???) , what dose justify the price difference? ( d70s belongs to 600usd range i see(?))
D30Pro = no BT, right? Not sure it'll have MQA capabilities for those who care. Less inputs.

Lero

D30Pro = no BT, right? Not sure it'll have MQA capabilities for those who care. Less inputs.
Understandable, hope for the bt to be a feature, mqa i personally don't mind. optical+usb its all i need.
thanks @Veri

nighteagle

But how will the D70s work with the A90 in pure dac mode? It outputs 5V XLR and not 4V in pure dac mode? The D90 outputs 4V XLR in pure dac mode right?

Veri

Master Contributor
But how will the D70s work with the A90 in pure dac mode? It outputs 5V XLR and not 4V in pure dac mode? The D90 outputs 4V XLR in pure dac mode right?
Looks like it. 5V in Pure DAC mode, which would mean 2.5V in single-ended. No problem for A90/A50s/L30, the output will be a little hotter but no risk of clipping. No worries.

raif71

Major Contributor

Noob

I've had this for a few days now, and I really like it. It has all the features I want. I find it extremely easy to use for my purposes, and the sound is great. It's amazing this uses the same chips as D70 and is so much improved in every way.

Top Bottom