• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of the Pioneer SC-61 AVR

Aap op Sokken

Can you measure the factory fan leads with a multimeter? Most noctua fans should be 5v, at least the PWM ones should be. If the factory fan is a 12v, you'd have to find a suitable fan for that voltage.

Most Noctua fans are 12v. I would check the current fan for a label, it may have the voltage, otherwise the part number will lead you to specifications.

Fuzziekiwi

Can you measure the factory fan leads with a multimeter? Most noctua fans should be 5v, at least the PWM ones should be. If the factory fan is a 12v, you'd have to find a suitable fan for that voltage.

I've bought many remotes off eBay. Most of the knockoffs are functional enough to get by. But sometimes you need the factory ones, usually for room correction features. I buy the factory remotes of the AVR is a keeper and not a flipper. You can usually find the factory remote model number by finding the manual online.

When I get a chance I'll open it up. Ordered a cheap remote to use and surprisingly most functions work just fine. Even the setup works fine which was surprising. Evens so, the receiver has buttons on it. It's enough to change input, speaker a/b and adjust volume for $8, good enough for me! It arrived very quickly as well, I definitely recommend replacementremotecontrols.

EB1000

BTW, https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Elite+Receivers/SC-LX901

Class D3 Amplifier (Direct Energy HD Amplifier)

With the Class D3 (Direct Energy High fidelity class D) Amplifier, the SC-LX901 is ready to meet the needs of the latest HD content. With our MOSFET, the Direct Power FET, this simple, high powered solution is provided to fully meet today’s AV entertainment standards. The custom bypass capacitors further enhance the advantages of the Class D3 amplifier, producing powerful bass while also delivering the subtle details...

amp_configuration.jpg

https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.c...x901-amplificador-4k-112-140-watts-3zonas-_JM

Optimized

View attachment 33110

The old SC-LX801 is class D3 too.

[Polish] https://audio.com.pl/testy/kino-domowe/amplitunery-av/2775-pioneer-sc-lx801

Je, cheap class D amp.

So their LPF is omitted from the control loop? That's not a very good start...

Fuzziekiwi

So I've taken part my SC61. Looks like the fan is not easily replaceable since you would have to take what I assume is the PSU out which requires taking multiple other parts out with it then reassemble.

IMG_6612.jpeg
IMG_6615.jpeg
IMG_6617.jpeg
IMG_6619.jpeg

Fuzziekiwi

I could unplug the fan.. but that'd be risky.

Top Bottom