• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of the Fiio E10k Line Out

3125b

Major Contributor
In principle, any ADC would do. However you have to be aware of the performance limits of the ADC. I can‘t imagine a cheap mixer to be all that useful for measuring any but the worst devices out there. If the performance of the measured device and the ADC are closer than 10dB, the THD+N of the ADC will contribute a significant part of the total measured amount, so you‘ll have to calculate that out. It would be easy to establish a baseline with a known good DAC.

lizhuoyin

Forum Donor
@lizhuoyin @solderdude

Received the MT8208... gave it a quick spin and I think I got something that's working as it should. It also has more settings and info on the graphical display. By the way how do I change the thread title?

Here's some pics:
Please educate me here: what is the 1.417 AC V in the second to last picture? It looks like RMS is 1.26Vrms in the last picture. So 1.417 cannot be peak(rms/0.707) or average V.

Top Bottom