• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of the B&W Nautilus

Saidera

What other cheaper speakers perform like B&W speakers?

Koeitje

Major Contributor

hvbias

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Was Laurence Dickie involved in just the Nautilus or did he engineer other B&W speakers as well? Much of the Nautilus' design elements is present in Vivid speakers as well, and these have quite good horizontal directivity by audiophile speaker standards. The handful of times I've heard G3 to G1 they sounded excellent.

30 Ounce

Which Nautilus are they measuring? The original Laurence Dickie Nautilus 800-805’s measured and sounded fantastic.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
How to become a popular studio standard?

Give them the speakers for free...
To all other studios as well in many countries?

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Which Nautilus are they measuring? The original Laurence Dickie Nautilus 800-805’s measured and sounded fantastic.
The snails. Look at the link.

TurtlePaul

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The beauty of this speaker is that it can have the B&W house sound for home users, but it also can be used in a studio when an engineer turns down the tweeter amp by 4 dB because it has an active crossover. I think it would still have some on-axis issues around 2 khz though. I always figured you would crossover a tweeter in a 4-way around 3.5-4 khz.

dfuller

Major Contributor
How to become a popular studio standard?

Give them the speakers for free...
Also, design speakers that don't break down all the time. Why do you think Genelec and ATC have stuck around studios for so long? They're built like brick shithouses.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Also, design speakers that don't break down all the time. Why do you think Genelec and ATC have stuck around studios for so long? They're built like brick shithouses.
Does B&W speakers break down often? Where do you get that information?

30 Ounce

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for the link, I had no intention of being rude. People interpret things differently especially from different countries. Maybe you should take that into consideration.

If you communicate in English I expect you to use the words that you want your thoughts to be transferred as. If your grasp of the language is not full then maybe you can avoid obscure words that you don’t have full grasp of.

30 Ounce

If you communicate in English I expect you to use the words that you want your thoughts to be transferred as. If your grasp of the language is not full then maybe you can avoid obscure words that you don’t have full grasp of.

That is exactly what I saw, a technical obscure language to me. Surprising that you are so shallow to not get it. If you want to continue being a jerk we are done here. Good day.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That is exactly what I saw, a technical obscure language to me. Surprising that you are so shallow to not get it. If you want to continue being a jerk we are done here. Good day.
Rudeness leaks from your words. Calling someone shallow and a jerk while hiding behind an avatar… and on Christmas Day!

30 Ounce

Rudeness leaks from your words. Calling someone shallow and a jerk while hiding behind an avatar… and on Christmas Day!
I’m not hiding behind an Avatar! I’m not mincing my word. I didn’t recognize that as Polish, you pointed that out and call me stupid at the same time. You sir are a classic.

dfuller

Major Contributor
Top Bottom