• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of Soncoz LA-QXD1 Pre-production "Evolution of KTE Board"

starless

USB/Toslink/Coaxial, As three separate audio sources, they can be used separately.
That wasn't quite what I was asking. I would want to use the DACs as part of an active crossover system and the front panel would not be easily accessible.

On the Khadas Toneboard, if there is no input on USB and there is input on SPDIF then the SPDIF signal is used. Would the same happen on the QXD1?

starless

Need switch coaxial input.
Thanks. Just to make sure I understand correctly, does this mean that when the QXD1 is switched on it will default to the USB input and you then have to press the input selector to use the coaxial input?

PhnomPenhPaul

Dear @Ben1987, Firstly I would like to thank you for your time answering members' requests on the forum. Your transparency dealing with the DSD replay problem is a standard for other manufacturers to follow. I'm relieved to read the problem is resolved. Thanks also for the Foobar settings - it always takes me a while to correctly set up a new DAC with Foobar!
Is it possible for you to post a graph showing the linearity of a production sample of the QXD-1? (I ask as the hand soldered version reviewed earlier by @WoolfX-700 had some low level linearity errors said to be improved on production units). Thanks.

Ben1987

Audio Company
Is it possible for you to post a graph showing the linearity of a production sample of the QXD-1? (I ask as the hand soldered version reviewed earlier by @WoolfX-700 had some low level linearity errors said to be improved on production units). Thanks.
Linearity will be OK, if all goes will and you will soon see that the new review from ASR.

ComasSky

@Ben1987

Nice works :)

Is it possible to disable volume control and have pure direct dac use with LAQXD1 ?

(sorry if the question has already been asked :()

spiritofjerry

Do both the XLR and RCA outputs run simultaneously? Meaning, can I output sound to two different amplifiers at the same time?

Ben1987

Audio Company

Tks

Major Contributor
Headphone amplifier and Power amplifier will be ready October,2020.

I know you're getting swamped with questions. But I know another forum member (JohnYang, you maybe know him) who recently had developed the Topping A90 headphone amp, had amazing performance that makes it pretty much the best one on the planet (but we have no idea what the price will be). He mentioned there is work starting to making a power amplifier which is great news, because all of them are pretty pathetic seeing as how the Benchmark ABH2 has been king by FAR for the last 5 years.

Anyway, I just wanted to ask quickly, are you aiming to come close or beat the performance of the Benchmark Power Amp (in terms of cleanliness, not really asking about the power output). Also the headphone amp, what class is this aiming to be in? Balanced or single ended? (basically wondering if this will be like a Geshelli Archel 2, where the performance is insane with a 121dB SINAD, but not as much power as a THX AAA 789 that is balanced)?

Also just wanted to ask is everything okay over there where you and your friends/family/partners are? This virus has got me wanting to ask how people are doing more and more, but I feel embarrassed sometimes for some weird reason.

spiritofjerry

Distinguish between different device loads, and link the output op amp IC that may damage SGD1 if the load is too large

Hi Ben, not sure I understand what you are saying here. Are you saying that feeding two devices at once with the signal from the DAC could perhaps damage the DAC?

Also, I would like to purchase this DAC, regardless. I have been in touch with Ann, who has quoted me a price, but she has not responded to my recent emails. Everything OK over there?

Sophia Ann

Audio Company
Hi Ben, not sure I understand what you are saying here. Are you saying that feeding two devices at once with the signal from the DAC could perhaps damage the DAC?

Also, I would like to purchase this DAC, regardless. I have been in touch with Ann, who has quoted me a price, but she has not responded to my recent emails. Everything OK over there?
Dear customer,

Ann is rather busy, sorry. But now I am replying you and then go ahead to your email. Thanks

Officially joined the email waitlist for QA-LXD1 + shipping to the US. This is going to be a brutal wait haha. Anyone outside of China actually has received a QA-LXD1? If yes, what's your impression? Cheers to Ben!

Lolito

This risk is not recommended.

Could you maybe be a little bit more elaborated on this? Can I connect at the same time a JDS atom amp via RCA and then my active speakers via XLR, but only turn on either the active speakers or the JDS labs atom amp?

What means actually "not recommended"? why not recommended? can be done, yes or no. I think a yes or no answer is better than "not recommended"? if it can not be done or should not be done, better say "DON'T DO IT" than not recommended. Does it void a warranty? how can you check if that has been done or not regarding warranty for this?

Hope this is not another hyped product before release than then people regret being an early bird, thanks!!

Ben1987

Audio Company
Can I connect at the same time a JDS atom amp via RCA and then my active speakers via XLR, but only turn on either the active speakers or the JDS labs atom amp?
Yes, this way is not a problem, also in the warranty terms.

What means actually "not recommended"? why not recommended?
We do not prohibit the way RCA and XLR work at the same time, and we will prohibit such practice in the new version of the manual.

if it can not be done or should not be done, better say "DON'T DO IT" than not recommended. Does it void a warranty? how can you check if that has been done or not regarding warranty for this?
Thanks your advice and have a nice day!

Officially joined the email waitlist for QA-LXD1 + shipping to the US. This is going to be a brutal wait haha. Anyone outside of China actually has received a QA-LXD1? If yes, what's your impression? Cheers to Ben!
I ordered one as soon as it became available at Audiophonics. Payment is accepted and the order is processing. Will post a some pictures here when i get it.

Top Bottom