• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of Soncoz LA-QXD1 Pre-production "Evolution of KTE Board"

Piotr

I honestly don't understand this whole USB-C addiction for USB 2.0 speeds. What does it give you at all?

On the other hand, it seriously limits cable lengths and also makes cables much more expensive. Most USB-C cables are no longer 1 meter. Cheap USB-B "printer" cables on the other hand can be bought in 15 or 25 meter length, possibly in active extended versions.

Since USB-B cables only need to work with USB 2.0 specs they offer much more flexibility for audio applications. I am personally very happy that the QXD1 has USB-B connector!

Many things:
- first of all compatibility: MacBookPro / Recent Laptop -> usb-c, Android phone -> usb-c
- small, neat factor
- reversible! side doesn't matter You can plug in your device easier with closed eyes and don't worry
- can provide up to 100 watts of power (enough to power a laptop!)
- it's fast (up to 10 gigabits per second)
- compatibility with other devices older to Type-C ports, even devices that use non-USB technologies, like DisplayPort, VGA and Ethernet

This USB-b is really archaic.

hyperknot

Many things:
- first of all compatibility: MacBookPro / Recent Laptop -> usb-c, Android phone -> usb-c
- small, neat factor
- reversible! side doesn't matter You can plug in your device easier with closed eyes and don't worry
- can provide up to 100 watts of power (enough to power a laptop!)
- it's fast (up to 10 gigabits per second)
- compatibility with other devices older to Type-C ports, even devices that use non-USB technologies, like DisplayPort, VGA and Ethernet

This USB-b is really archaic.

Do you realize none of these apply to a USB 2.0 DAC (except for being reversible)?

Piotr

Do you realize none of these apply to a USB 2.0 DAC (except for being reversible)?

Do you realize that we do not need 20 USB-X and worry about types if we have one good?

Apart from being reversible also point 1) and 2) applies

chlipong

Do you realize that we do not need 20 USB-X and worry about types if we have one good?
If you are changing/upgrading your desktop DAC, there is a good chance that the previous one has the same USB-B input socket, so if you bought a better USB-B cable for your previous DAC, it's a direct "plug-and-play" at zero cost, isn't it ?

Maybe I'm wrong but the USB-B is mostly used for "data only" while other USB types are used for Data and/or Power. When there are a USB Data socket and a USB power socket on a same device, the Data one has a different shape to differentiate it from the one dedicate to Power, to avoid confusion, It isn't for annoying you or give the device a more archaic look.

Last edited:

maxxevv

Major Contributor
I honestly don't understand this whole USB-C addiction for USB 2.0 speeds. What does it give you at all?

On the other hand, it seriously limits cable lengths and also makes cables much more expensive. Most USB-C cables are no longer 1 meter. Cheap USB-B "printer" cables on the other hand can be bought in 15 or 25 meter length, possibly in active extended versions.

Since USB-B cables only need to work with USB 2.0 specs they offer much more flexibility for audio applications. I am personally very happy that the QXD1 has USB-B connector!

You can find 5 meter USB-C data cables but not longer, but they do cost about 15~20% more than equivalent quality USB-B printer cables. .
USB-B printer cables do go as long as 10 meters though I have not found longer.

So horses for courses I guess. If there is a need for more than 5 meters, guess people are out of luck when it comes to USB-C.

gvl

Major Contributor
149.3mm, that's a very specific number which unfortunately doesn't stack up nicely with JDS Atom :(

hyperknot

You can find 5 meter USB-C data cables but not longer, but they do cost about 15~20% more than equivalent quality USB-B printer cables. .
USB-B printer cables do go as long as 10 meters though I have not found longer.

So horses for courses I guess. If there is a need for more than 5 meters, guess people are out of luck when it comes to USB-C.

The longest USB-C to USB-C I found on Amazon was 3.0 meters, the 5 meter ones were having USB-A on one side, and I guess for those who still have USB-A they'd prefer the cheap and reliably USB-B "printer cables".

Ben1987

Audio Company
Ready for shipment……

View attachment 1.jpg

View attachment 2.jpg

3.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 157

hyperknot

So do they all come with the luniceaudio logo on the front face? I thought they had a clean front face. I do agree that all the colors are really nice.

Yes, I hope that luniceaudio won't be present on them. Otherwise they look super nice!

Shazb0t

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Good News!!!
Our SGD1 and LA-QXD1 have been successively shipped. As we are in a special period now, the purchase method I recommend is to directly contact our colleague @Sophia Ann who has been busy with offline orders and customer service. You can Send a message or Email her, of course, also you can apply for a discount.
More information:
Our Overseas Online Shop is being tested and is expected to open next week and our amazon store will open in Mid-May,2020.
Our Domestic Online Shop and Taobao customer service has been running. You can also send a message to @EMMA or Email her for purchase and discount.
We try our best to improve our customer service and have a nice day.
I sent a pm to both of these user accounts after your post and haven't heard anything back yet. Am I doing something wrong?

Archmage

Apply for a discount? Dunno what that's about, but when the US shipments open up, I'm in.

poimandres

Same here, I’m all in when we are able to order them in the US.

I reached out via email (to both email addresses) about 20 minutes after Ben posted availability and haven’t heard back via email yet. I’m assuming they are swamped.

Top Bottom