• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of Soncoz LA-QXD1 Pre-production "Evolution of KTE Board"

WolfX-700

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
During the last contact and measurement of SGD-1, I learned that the developer of SGD-1 is the developer of the famous KTE Board. As we all know, the main expectations of the KTE Board are: XLR Out, official case, ESS Hump.

Now I have the Soncoz LA-QXD1 (pre-production block)。

Let's take a look at the ultimate evolution of the KTE Board!

Front.jpg

This is a very compact unit with a size of about 40 * 90 * 150mm

Rear:
Rear.jpg

It looks good, but what is the most important ... performance?

Let's measure it!

DashboardXLR.jpg

Wow! Does this seem to easily make it into the top 10 of the ASR SINAD rankings?

In fact, the two channels are slightly different. (The developer says the difference comes from manual soldering to repair Hump and will be resolved on production)

RCA is also great
DashboardRCA.jpg

Dynamic Range(A.Wt)

Dynamic-Range---Awt.jpg

Linearity-(-20.jpg

XLRTHD+N-Ratio.jpg

Here comes the most important part: Hump?!

SMPTE-Ratio.jpg

Multitone.jpg

Pre-production type is still a little problem between channels.I actually disassembled the unit and confirmed that there are traces of manual soldering.
Considering the developers assured me that the final pricing will be less than $ 200 (including shipping), this may be the cheapest unit close to this performance.

And there is no doubt that this is indeed the ultimate evolution of the "KTE Board"

Greatwork! @Ben1987 !!!

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Would be a really compelling solution for loads of powered speakers !
Not forgetting how small it is!

I certainly would consider it for mine.

I have to ask though, if XLR output was lowered to just 4V flat, would the numbers have differed ? Or for that matter, improved if that value was changed ?

OP
WolfX-700

WolfX-700

Forum Donor
Would be a really compelling solution for loads of powered speakers !
Not forgetting how small it is!

I certainly would consider it for mine.

I have to ask though, if XLR output was lowered to just 4V flat, would the numbers have differed ? Or for that matter, improved if that value was changed ?

In fact, it is basically the same, but because it can only be adjusted by DBFS, I choose to use 0dbfs (ignoring the 0.3V)

OP
WolfX-700

WolfX-700

Forum Donor

pos

Forum Donor
Great review @WolfX-700, thanks!
Does the unit emit any kind of noise or pop when turned off/on, or when syncing to a different clock?
What about jitter? Have you tried the spidf inputs?
@Ben1987, what about on/off noises?
I know the asymmetrical khadas board did emit noise in these circumstances, but what about your new designs? (LA-QXD1 and SGD1)

Top Bottom