• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of Singxer SA-1 Headphone Amp(Preview)

saadi703

I dunno.. I'm powering HE-6 with the Singxer SA-1 on high gain and it's got plenty of juice left. Dac pairing is important to me so I have a more forgiving Gungnir A1. Everything sounds fantastic. My system was harsher before with D90/A90. Now, no fatigue.
Thanks so much for your reply. Did you try D90 as DAC with your Singxer SA-1? How was the pairing?

ATAineri

How I understood - A90 has some more detail than Singxer but Singxer delivers more pleasure?)

ATAineri

Wolf has measured both with similar methodologies i think
Oh! I didn't see A90 measured by Wolf - will see now! Thanks! One more question - do singxer has a90 problem: when you using RCA it has a lot of background noise. It irritates me a lot. I had developed my own DAC (first debuggind version without balance because it cheper) and I can't listen it normal with acoustic (using A90 like PRE).

TheTalbotHound

Forum Donor
Oh! I didn't see A90 measured by Wolf - will see now! Thanks! One more question - do singxer has a90 problem: when you using RCA it has a lot of background noise. It irritates me a lot. I had developed my own DAC (first debuggind version without balance because it cheper) and I can't listen it normal with acoustic (using A90 like PRE).

SA-1 doesn't have the A90's RCA input noise issue.

Pillars

Folks around here would call it impossible without double blind testing or whatever but, I preferred the Singxer. If all else for the significantly higher build and part quality.

Celty

Just wondering - has anyone seen the output power at 300 Ohms measured?

domiji

I have measured the xlr output of my SDA 6 DAC. The DC is normally between 1 and 5mV in Playback mode.

Is it safe to use the jumper mod?

From what i have read is that these numbers are very good:

https://www.wikihow.com/Measure-DC-Offset

This is maybe a silly question but will a dc blocker in front of the DAC change the DC "output" of the DAC?

Last edited:

raif71

Major Contributor
I have the same question but never get to know the answer, I think SA-1 output high current to a point it switch to Class AB at higher volume to be cooler. High current amp tend to be HOT.
Anybody here can comment on the amp's temperature during operation? Hopefully it doesn't run hot, if I buy this amp, will put this underneath Gustard X16. Thanks

w1000i

Forum Donor
I have measured the xlr output of my SDA 6 DAC. The DC is normally between 1 and 5mV in Playback mode.

Is it safe to use the jumper mod?

From what i have read is that these numbers are very good:

https://www.wikihow.com/Measure-DC-Offset

This is maybe a silly question but will a dc blocker in front of the DAC change the DC "output" of the DAC?
Safe and I used my SDA-6 with SA-1 which has jumpers.

aandres_gm

Has anyone measured the power consumption in standby mode? It's the same price as the A90, and the functionality looks to be right about the same. Also, any thoughts on the device working as a preamp?

Mikechw

Has anyone measured the power consumption in standby mode? It's the same price as the A90, and the functionality looks to be right about the same. Also, any thoughts on the device working as a preamp?

I own both the A90 and SA-1. I liked SA-1 better and I mainly use SA-1 as a preamp.
My source is a Topping D90 via XLR cables.

I don't think SA-1 has a standby mode.. (OFF / PRE / HPA)

Top Bottom