• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of Singxer SA-1 Headphone Amp(Preview)

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor

Celty

deafenears

Forum Donor
H-z is to change the output impedance of the headphone output from 1.4 to 10 I think it is. I don't see why you would want to do that unless it was to mess with the sound or to use 600 ohm headphones or something.
On Passion for Sound's YouTube channel, it shows a bit of bass boost with the Focal Utopia with H-z:
CjFWrWQY8C.png

The Utopia has an impedance of 80Ω.

Might also help with some IEMs such as the ThieAudio Monarch per Crinacle's testing (site seems to be unresponsive to me at the moment so unable to link to the graph, but when it's up - https://crinacle.com/2020/08/26/thieaudio-monarch-and-clairvoyance-review-twin-wins/).

OP
T

tom.chen

Audio Company
In the high resistance mode, the control power of the diaphragm will decrease, so the low frequency will be enhanced.

Veri

Master Contributor
In the high resistance mode, the control power of the diaphragm will decrease, so the low frequency will be enhanced.
Orrrr the impedance mismatch causes a slight elevation of "low end energy"? :D

Extreme_Boky

Hi Tom,

I hope you are still lurking....

I posted in the other thread, so I'll try here as well:

Can you please tell me which serial numbers are going to ensure that, If I buy an SA-1, I will get a unit with the additional power rails' decoupling SMD caps (placed around those blue coloured 10ohm SMD resistors)?

1654000973476.png

I also see 8 protruding solid core wires, coming from underneath the PCB... are there high power resistors mounted underneath.... maybe in contact with the bottom plate, to dissipate the heat

Many thanks for your reply!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom