• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

Willem

Major Contributor
I am travelling now but I use an automatic optical input switch that was tested by RME and they were impressed. Will try to post a link.

Willem

Major Contributor
tindie.com/products/beni_skate/automatic-spdif-opticalrca-audio-switch

Willem

Major Contributor
I did not find it expensive for the quality and functionality. RME measured it and pronounced that it is really excellent and even reduces jutter. I don't think there can be a better recommendation.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I did not find it expensive for the quality and functionality. RME measured it and pronounced that it is really excellent and even reduces jutter. I don't think there can be a better recommendation.
When it came out I think it was the 2nd best ADC after the APs. AFAIK RME uses it in their production line for measuring SQ of their less SOTA products - and was the reason to get one for my own measurements.

Oukkidoukki

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yo. I finally went with adi 2 fs. May I ask…I connect it thru xlr to studio monitors, yamaha msp 5. What output level should I use for optimal performance? 4, 13 or 19 dbu? Or does it make any difference and all is fine? Thanks.

Oukkidoukki

Ok…..its quite booring…..anyhow atleast now my akg k702 finally has bass…..it took 20 years….what te hell…

Trell

Major Contributor
Ok…..its quite booring…..anyhow atleast now my akg k702 finally has bass…..it took 20 years….what te hell…
Much easier to just post a question than attempting to read a manual that is quite comprehensive. ;)

You do yourself a disservice by not trying to read it and then post if it’s something that is unclear. My guess is that you’ll get more out of the RME.

Oukkidoukki

Yea yea ofcourse I read it, I was just exited to get it going fast for the test….so +4 dbu best I assume..not sure if manual clarify this but whateve, sorry. Headphoneamp iiis greeeaaat:D:D:D

Trell

Major Contributor
Use Auto level and don't worry any longer.
This is what I do and is what RME recommend when using dynamic loudness or tone controls, and PEQ as well if I remember correctly. Otherwise one risk overloading/clipping.

Oukkidoukki

Sorry mine was RME Adi 2 fs. There is no dsp. You just choose 4 , 13 or 19 dbu for out level. No thread for this so I wrote here.

Oukkidoukki

Okey, yes dsp but not like eq or crosfeed dsp, you don’t process signal in this device that much so it is probably more original. Who knows.

someguyontheinternet

Okey, yes dsp but not like eq or crosfeed dsp, you don’t process signal in this device that much so it is probably more original. Who knows.
The ADI-2 DAC FS has both a 5-band parametric EQ and a 5-step crossfeed setting. You should check the user manual for all the settings and DSP options. There is a lot.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Pretty sure it has DSP.
I think he talks about the RME ADI-2 fs, not the RME ADI-2 DAC (topic of this thread). The former is an ADC/DAC combo and has very few features.

Top Bottom