• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

DivineCurrent

Forum Donor
Ok... so who bought every single ADI-2 DAC on the internet? Lol, but yeah every RME dealer has them back-ordered, B&H and Guitar Center says they won't be available till end of November or mid December... oh well.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ok... so who bought every single ADI-2 DAC on the internet? Lol, but yeah every RME dealer has them back-ordered, B&H and Guitar Center says they won't be available till end of November or mid December... oh well.
Hum... Was going to say the same. Some pointed this on French forums and yes: Not a single ADI-2 DAC available in stock from any French/EU retailers...

@MC_RME ?

D

Deleted member 65

Swedish AES (LTS) just tested RME ADI-2 Pro FS. Measures good with excellent linearity, behaves excellent with squarewaves. Only complaint is the damping in the stopband between 22 & 24 kHz, @22 kHz only -6.5 dB and -90 dB reached @24kHz (bit late according to LTS). Distorsion @21 kHz 3.3%.

RME passes the special listening test they’ve developed.

Test & measurements only available on one of Swedens major export goods (paper).

cookiefactory

Forum Donor
I experienced the same thing a few weeks ago when I decided on the RME. I ended up buying from RME USA but see they are now OOS as well...

Willem

Major Contributor
It just proves the quality. Fortunately there are enough level headed people to buy real quality rather than snake oil. It really is a bargain because it offers excellent measurements, professional build quality and support, and unique functionality, and all for a very competitive price. Europe can compete on quality.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hum... Was going to say the same. Some pointed this on French forums and yes: Not a single ADI-2 DAC available in stock from any French/EU retailers...

@MC_RME ?
Mine was from Vintage King.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Aaand, to all the ADI-2 DAC owners out there - ever get a pop, like a static charge releasing, when the auto-input switcher switches (I think)? I sometimes get one when starting a stream to the USB port after the unit has been quiet. It has also happened after start-up, so it doesn't seem to be a power-on thing.

I'm using a Volumio Primo to stream, and have been in touch with them as well. But I think it may be the RME.

Gus141

I've had this dac for a year and I'm in love. I think I'd still take it over higher measuring dacs because of the functionality.
Same here! Ten months and I haven’t wanted to upgrade in all that time; that’s unprecedented ;-)

The functionality has been perfect for my use cases: I need to EQ a couple of different headphones; I use the crossfeed when using headphones for some older releases with very harsh stereo separation; I have multiple “setups” and I use a different color for the analyzer (green, cyan, and amber) to visually identify quickly which setup I’m on.

The recent addition of all the remote codes makes using the RME ADI-2 DAC with my Harmony Elite remote an awesome experience.

The only way I’m upgrading this DAC is if RME makes a new version of the ADI-2 Pro fs that has the same remote capabilities. That would give me ADC and balanced headphones; but having remote capability is more important for me because I’m not in arms reach of the DAC.

greyscale

Forum Donor
From the ADI buy now page

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 12.40.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 12.40.07 PM.png
    81.4 KB · Views: 279

McFly

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The thing that would make this DAC ultimate for me - HDMI ARC input so it could be controlled by TV (downmixing surround to 2.0 or forcing the TV to do so), or failing that, IR Learn from the TVs remote so an optical connections could function the same way-ish. Sony TVs display an annoying fixed audio message when outputting PCM via toslink.

Top Bottom