• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Measurements of (original) Gilmore Lite

DDF

The Gilmore Lite is a classic headphone Amp designed by Kevin Gilmore. This unit was purchased in 2007, with gain set at the lowest value Headamp would deliver (6 dB) without stability risks, to provide more usable volume range (the pot tends to mistrack at the very lowest volumes). Its served as a great bedside amp for well over a decade.

All measures at 0 dB gain setting on the pot, -1dB fs from the soundcard (RTX6001 @ 24_96, set for 0 dBV) and 39ohm resistive load. Not shown, 100 ohm load results were similar but with lower distortion (0.004% THD @ 1kHz, 0.006% IMD)

Attachments

I used to own the original Gilmore Lite I sold it almost 10 years ago. I really like my Gilmore Lite mk2 I'd like to send it in to be measured but I don't want to be without it lol

I wonder how the mk2 measures.
Me too. I'd send mine too Amir but then I would be stuck on my Asgard 2. I have no doubt it measures worse then the Massdrop THX but I got the mk2 instead for nostalgia basically. Plus I don't have anything balanced.

Top Bottom