• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of Erato M7 tube preamp

WolfX-700

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Introduction:

The Erato M7 is a high-end tube preamplifier with an intelligent and meticulous design, allowing it to deliver exceptional audio performance. It integrates high-quality components in order to provide a rich sound reproduction that is faithful to the original signal. In addition, unlike many other preamplifiers that use conventional potentiometers, the M7 uses a resistor-switched relay attenuator. This technology is much more efficient, protecting the signal from unwanted distortion. These components are integrated in a very beautiful, solid Aluminium case.

I bought a new unit for almost $400! I think this price is very good.
I am extremely satisfied with the quality of the design and construction of this unit.

IMG_3862.jpg

13663-erato-m7-inpage7.jpg

0.jpg

-60.jpg

The tube characteristics bring a lot of harmonic distortion, but it is very clean.

FFT-Spectrum.jpg

1MBD.jpg

AES17.jpg

Linearity-(2.jpg

Relative-Level-(200-kHz).jpg

THD+N-Ratio-Freq.jpg

Multitone0.jpg

400mvmt.jpg

slingshot

Hi, I am curious as to where you bought it at such as good price. I wonder how it compares to the Freya + preamp.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks more like a fuzz box to me. Multitone is terrible.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Does it sound "tubey"?

I'd like to see measurements of an Audio Research pre-amp... what do you get (or lose) for the extra $4,500??

Top Bottom