• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of dacs in car audio dsp with various inputs

Dumdum

So I am wanting to have a way to settle my morbid curiosity…

I want to see what usb direct in to a dsp from a pc, pc to topping d10s or Smsl po100 pro and coax into the dsp from the same

The dsp‘s take coax in and optical in… one is 192khz internal rate and the other is 96khz… one has a usb audio input and I also want to measure that input as an output…

Ideally I’d like to measure the output with the same source, being my iPhone… but if I need to use a pc as source and output I can sort that also

Then I want to measure the output of the dsp, they are upto 8v output so I am thinking the cosmos adc as that does upto 10v, however my inputs will be single ended rca so I will make a converter box, but do I need a voltage divider? Is it 10v by balanced xlr and 5v by single ended? Or will it take 10v via single ended also?

I’ve read a few posts about this… they recommended a d10s as a dac and the cosmos as adc…

What software do I need to use to make measurements… will rew do it or is there a better free version?

OP
D

Dumdum

This thread mentioned a usb isolator? Is that recommended still if I’m not using single ended out?

staticV3

Master Contributor
however my inputs will be single ended rca so I will make a converter box
You can hook up RCA sources to the Cosmos ADC with a cable like this:
2021-11-08_11-09-17-1-2.jpg
No external converter required.

Is it 10v by balanced xlr and 5v by single ended? Or will it take 10v via single ended also?
When set to 10V, the Cosmos ADC will take 10Vrms Bal or 10Vrms SE.

What software do I need to use to make measurements… will rew do it or is there a better free version?
REW will do it and it's the best free software for the job.

Top Bottom