• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of... aliexpress amps?

BillG

Major Contributor
All these models are inferior to the FX-Audio FX502SPro $55, measured by Amir.

Really? :p

"Conclusions
I try to not get emotional when it comes to testing products but sometimes the test results either get me excited or depressed. And boy, was I depressed after seeing these results. The measurements here indicate that neither one of these amplifiers fit any definition of high-fidelity we strive for in this forum. The FX Audio FX502SPro is extremely cheap but in my book, is not a proper product. It has design issues and lacks power."

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...opping-tp60-and-fx-audio-fx502spro-amps.5025/

sajunky

How do you come to this conclusion? The measurements of the 502 Pro look terrible. Sinad is much lower than those above, Bill mentioned.
Really? Sinad is estimated about the same, as @BillG figure is A-weighted, there is no direct comparison between two. Also look at distorion figures, there are few times worse in the case of D8 and D802 comparing to the FX502SPro!

D802 is FDA (fully digital amplifier). These amps chips are generally inferior to the chips with analog inputs, they are designed to be cheap. At the moment I can't make more comments on the other amps and I have no reason for researching, the last three look the best in my book.
Really? :p

"Conclusions
I try to not get emotional when it comes to testing products but sometimes the test results either get me excited or depressed. And boy, was I depressed after seeing these results. The measurements here indicate that neither one of these amplifiers fit any definition of high-fidelity we strive for in this forum. The FX Audio FX502SPro is extremely cheap but in my book, is not a proper product. It has design issues and lacks power."

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...opping-tp60-and-fx-audio-fx502spro-amps.5025/
Really. It was the first test Amir made with new equipment and he seem to become depressed with some minor design faults in FX-502SPRo. It caused that Amir didn't finish all tests, but results of tests he made are competetive. FX502SPro beat a higher priced (and generally well regarded) Topping D60 in all aspects: SINAD, distortion, except a total power.
Just look at the graph attached, how FX-502SPro presents agains all others:
Best Audio Amplifiers 2019 Reviewed.png

Last edited:

Ray008

I recently bought a power amp for about $ 140 at AliExpress's "ICAIRN AUDIO" store, but the store sent me a fake tracking number twice and I'm currently in a "dispute". The store is fraudulent and the store will not refund at all.

Katji

Major Contributor
Yes, AliExpress is like a huge bazaar - worse because there many more shady stores. You need some positive reports from at least 2 people before you pick one.
btw There are even some selling genuine snake oil.

Ray008

Yes, AliExpress is like a huge bazaar - worse because there many more shady stores. You need some positive reports from at least 2 people before you pick one.
btw There are even some selling genuine snake oil.
After purchasing AliExpress, the "Open Despute" button will appear, so it looks like a huge mall on the premise of conflict. Amazon still seems decent. Also, eBay is safer.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP may want to look at the cheap amps thread

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have been buying lots of stuff on Ali without an issue. Just like ebay, I avoid sellers with no feedback or bad feedback.

Ray008

I have been buying lots of stuff on Ali without an issue. Just like ebay, I avoid sellers with no feedback or bad feedback.
I got the opposite pattern. I've never been scammed on eBay. It arrived from Ukraine within two weeks without any problems. This was my first order on AliExpress and I suddenly became scammed. There were many anti-scam methods available online for Ali, so I managed to get the product in a month by following the instructions. I will never use AliExpress again.

Gekel

Side note: I am using ali now for I don'zt know how many years, and I have ordered hundreds of cheap and more expensive items. All that got lost so far were some small packages during Covid. Beside getting some fake products (which I expected when ordering them, I just wanted to try them out) everything was fine. The most expensive one was a headunit for the car (350 USD), and at the moment I am waiting for a NUC I want to use as firewall/router (180 USD).

All I do is to avoid stores which just have been opened or have a low ranking. And I avoid to order typically faked items like SD-Cards, USB sticks or hard drives.

Ray008

If you look at Ali's dispute method online, it seems that most people are scammed with a 2/5 chance, so be careful. The fact that the "On Dispute" button is commonplace is evidence of fraud. I didn't think I would be scammed suddenly.

Gekel

If you look at Ali's dispute method online, it seems that most people are scammed with a 2/5 chance,

According to ali history, I placed around 270orders in the past 8 years. I was only scmmed twice, and I knew it would be a scam before I placed the order. I just wanted to know what they are doing. One order was a hifi cable (with obvious fake plugs and a fake cable), the other an usb stick which according to the real company producing it never was built with the capacity they claimed on ali.

The rest was good, and some stuff like the outdoor gear of 3F is really good for the price. And in other cases it simply was the cheapest and most reliable option. Why should I try to buy a bunch of jumper cables for a pi in Europe? I can't order something for a few bucks, in most cases min. order is 30 Euro and then I have to pay 10 Euro extra because of the "low value" of the purchase, and 8 Euro for shipping on top. I don't want to buy 10 screwdrivers and whatever else just to spend enough money that they accept my order if I just can wait a bit longer and get the same stuff for 3-4 bucks incl. shipment.

Ray008

Ali's scams are characterized by the fact that they often send false tracking numbers as well as the contents sent by the Shop.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
In my opinion the ICEpower 125ASX2 power amplifiers and integrated amplifiers (they add a pot after the input) are the best options there currently.

Last edited:

Ray008

In my opinion the ICEpower 125ASX2 power amplifiers and integrated amplifiers (the year add a pot after the input) are the best options there currently.
Some people make their own amps with ICEpower 125 ASX2, but they said that it was difficult to color because it was originally a faint sound.

Top Bottom