• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements and Review of Schiit Yggdrasil DAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I measured amirs camper van and it’s definitely a van with beds ( tin can with sleeping bags)... even he admits this now....

Does nwavguy share amirs delusions of grandeur regarding mobile homes? If so then I say (hey) Jude was right all along....
Extra points for the Beatles reference.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Extra points for the Beatles reference.
I think we can adapt the lyrics so they become pertinent to this situation without much effort..

All together now .... Hey Jude , don’t be afraid take some measurements and make it all better .. don’t let amir mess about with your life just keep taking the cash and let it all happen ...

Soz in advance lol

Kyle / MrHeeHo

I watched the video of the Schiity headphone amps. Holy smokes...

Should point out, Schiit refused to acknowledge this issue even existing until this video was posted, and NWAVGuy was banned for taking them to task over this issue.

It's beyond Jude censoring criticism of schiit on his forum, he protects them from controversy even If it's to the detriment of the community he built and has done so for schiit since the beginning.

gepardcv

The ink spilled reflects, in part, forum tribalism. More importantly, it reflects a desire for clarity. If we're being honest, the technical aspects of the debate are way over most readers' heads. Both sides spend a good bit of time burnishing their own credentials and sullying the other side. This makes the point-counterpoint going on ever more confusing, and some people want to become un-confused and get to the bottom of what is going on.

The absence of people with the equipment and knowledge needed to verify the different claims and counterclaims makes this difficult. That none of these people are unaffiliated with any of the warring forum tribes (ASR, SBAF, HF) muddies the water further, because there is no neutral ground on which the debaters can meet.

As the most recent example of what makes this whole thing frustrating, it looks to me like both Jude and Amir have refused to publicly post their analyzer settings. Each accuses the other — on his own forum, because the other guy's is too hostile — of acting in bad faith.

It would be ideal to lock Amir, Marvey (purrin/purr1n from SBAF), and Ultrabike (SBAF moderator with EE training) in a room for a few days with a pile of equipment, a stack of electronics textbooks, and a case of Scotch and make them hash out the differences of their measurement approaches (and livestream the whole thing). It would hurt at first, but — assuming they don't all just kill each other — I guarantee it would clarify accepted methodology for DAC measurements and what they mean (even if it ends up an "agree to disagree" situation). Adding Atomic Bob and Jude would be helpful, but I think they would refuse and that would add too many lines of hate (AB despises Amir, while Marvey and Jude have a mutual loathing going back years) and might be unproductive.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The ink spilled reflects, in part, forum tribalism. More importantly, it reflects a desire for clarity. If we're being honest, the technical aspects of the debate are way over most readers' heads. Both sides spend a good bit of time burnishing their own credentials and sullying the other side. This makes the point-counterpoint going on ever more confusing, and some people want to become un-confused and get to the bottom of what is going on.

The absence of people with the equipment and knowledge needed to verify the different claims and counterclaims makes this difficult. That none of these people are unaffiliated with any of the warring forum tribes (ASR, SBAF, HF) muddies the water further, because there is no neutral ground on which the debaters can meet.

As the most recent example of what makes this whole thing frustrating, it looks to me like both Jude and Amir have refused to publicly post their analyzer settings. Each accuses the other — on his own forum, because the other guy's is too hostile — of acting in bad faith.

It would be ideal to lock Amir, Marvey (purrin/purr1n from SBAF), and Ultrabike (SBAF moderator with EE training) in a room for a few days with a pile of equipment, a stack of electronics textbooks, and a case of Scotch and make them hash out the differences of their measurement approaches (and livestream the whole thing). It would hurt at first, but — assuming they don't all just kill each other — I guarantee it would clarify accepted methodology for DAC measurements and what they mean (even if it ends up an "agree to disagree" situation). Adding Atomic Bob and Jude would be helpful, but I think they would refuse and that would add too many lines of hate (AB despises Amir, while Marvey and Jude have a mutual loathing going back years) and might be unproductive.
I don't really see the point. The only one who has no axe to grind is Amir and it serves no useful purpose since it only shows either Shiit are producing kit which isn't all that technically good, or they are making kit more or less as good as stuff that is a lot less expensive.
It is actually just about avoiding upsetting the bragging rights of owners.
Which is truly pathetic IMO.

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Most of us here don't give a damn about the conflicting tribes, and six months ago the sorry performance of Schiit products had become old news in these parts. I have repeatedly guessed that the vigorous defenders of Schiit products, who come and go from ASR, suffer from buyer's remorse. After the passage of time, from a few posts to a few days, we invariably learn that the most recent Schiit defender is indeed a Schiit owner.

Has anyone at Schiit threatened to sue Amir? If so, we should rally the troops. If not, let the doofuses go listen to their badly engineered systems. The information about Schiit products has been disseminated now and can easily be found through a Google search. Anyone who wants well-engineered stuff can now see how bad Schiit is and avoid it.

This debate thus no longer serves any useful purpose.

lotse888

I think we can adapt the lyrics so they become pertinent to this situation without much effort..

All together now .... Hey Jude , don’t be afraid take some measurements and make it all better .. don’t let amir mess about with your life just keep taking the cash and let it all happen ...

Soz in advance lol

You are funny!!

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Agree. It’s now 42 pages of postings on a product that’s sub-par. Let’s move on.

I want to see Amir’s measurements of other DACs.
Im locking the thread , if new ‘facts’ come to light that genuinely further the discussion please petition me though the conversation system and I will consider it.

It’s unsatisfactory I know but this really is not constructive imo.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
He closes the thread after accusing me of sleeping in tin can.... We need to impeach Thomas. Anyone know the proper procedure????
752B6923-288D-41BF-8F8A-EA128C5F25C3.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom