• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements and Review of Schiit Yggdrasil DAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Sorry but some attributed allot of foolishness to the three words I posted. Not my intent, but there are "different" rules for"certain" posters which limits honest discussion. I never thought you made anything up, but you do tend to repeat it loudly and often. If one likes their gear or not, IMO it is rather grating that many here constantly bellow this company is run by thieves and dishonest people. People try and do their best, one might not agree, but to think something else is just ignorance IMO. Honestly, do you think people sat around a table and said "hey let's build bad equipment and sell it"?

Schiit management has not responded well with regard to questions raised about their product performance and construction quality. The reaction is inversely proportional to their diffidence. When they don't seem to give a Schiit why are you persistently so defensive given their disregard?

Last edited:

rebbiputzmaker

Major Contributor
Schiit management has not responded well with regard to questions raised about their product performance and construction quality. The reaction is inversely proportional to their diffidence. When they don't seem to give a Schiit why are you persistently so defensive given their disregard?
smh

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry but some attributed allot of foolishness to the three words I posted. Not my intent, but there are "different" rules for"certain" posters which limits honest discussion. I never thought you made anything up, but you do tend to repeat it loudly and often. If one likes their gear or not, IMO it is rather grating that many here constantly bellow this company is run by thieves and dishonest people. People try and do their best, one might not agree, but to think something else is just ignorance IMO. Honestly, do you think people sat around a table and said "hey let's build bad equipment and sell it"?

When you are marketing products with fidelity in mind, with such poorly measured performance, I think a prudent person can see the dichotomy.

rebbiputzmaker

Major Contributor
When you are marketing products with fidelity in mind, with such poorly measured performance, I think a prudent person can see the dichotomy.
All a matter of perspective. Although YMMV

Krunok

Major Contributor
So now it is a conspiracy. More than one person is conspiring to make it look like Schiit. :p

Unless it is only you Amir. Your fictional son owning this gear. His fictional noise issues. His fictional return. Now a fictional user Jimster480 who has loaned you fictional Schiit gear. So maybe not a conspiracy exactly. Either way it looks bad................real bad.

Wow, this is getting better than "The Americans"! I believe we already established that Amir is a Topping under cover agent and now he's leading a conspiracy against Schiit? It can't get much better than that, right? Or .. :p

Last edited:

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Wow, this is getting better than "The Americans"! I believe we already established that Amir is a Topping under cover agent and now he's leading a conspiracy against Shiit? It can't get much better than that, right? Or .. :p
Can’t top that schiit...

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I don't have a clue, but I really like the way performers moved close to the mike instead of doing a multitrack mix.
I’m pro ribbon...,
42825F41-7167-4D70-994B-FFEE880A6A9D.jpeg

Rod

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Audiophile people crack me up sometimes. Where I spent my career, I would be operating equipment that cost upwards to 5 million dollars. Quality engineering and manufacturing was everything, down time, fuel consumption, quality of the steel, and many more factors are considered before purchase. Down time on a critical piece of equipment could mean production stops. I dont know how to compare exactly that industry to audio, the closest thing I can think of is as if we debated how pretty we thought the color of yellow they were using and used that for purchasing decisions. There is reasons why they used American or Japanese made heavy equipment and not poorer engineered and manufactured products even though cheaper. I have learned to use the same judgement call in audio, and am satisfied in my decisions. Yes I used measurements.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 65

Not into microphones but would if I had one of these ...

1528916756866.png

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
All a matter of perspective. Although YMMV

Actually it's not a matter of perspective. Fidelity is a definition used to denote the least amount of damage to a signal fed to a device that it's supposed to do something with and pass on.

From what I've seen from several Schiit products is that doesn't seem to be the case. There is a standard of care and it isn't being taken.

Now you may have self defined what fidelity means to you in a manner different from the rest of the human race....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom