• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurement&Review of Luxury&Precision W1/W2 Portable USB DAC-Amp

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

urfaust

FFT spectrum isn't pretty (looks worse than previous W2 even) but probably ok as the worst part of it is in the low end. I almost wish this thing would have a optical input to have a sota class dac/amp combo on the go :D

ps: As it is surely the best dongle around, we need the v2 tested here!

Mario_jr

As a W2 "early adopter", I am not going to be happy with this unit if it is cheapper than the original W2 :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Merkurio

@WolfX-700 Is there any way to contact Mr. Wan and tell him the urge of allow loading custom PEQ presets into their devices?

Not with an app nor a built-in solution with limited bands and filters, just the possibility to "inject" presets directly into the hardware using a text editor or something like they did with the presets for certain IEM models.

It could be an ABSOLUTE game changer for an already endgame device (engineering-wise).

theMichael

Can anyone help me understand the differences between the normal fast/slow vs low-latency fast/slow filters?

theMichael

I am using UAPP on Android with this DAC and it seems the sample rate always matches the source but the L&P W2 always shows as 32 bit no matter if the source is 16 or 24 - is this anyone else's experience? Is UAPP just padding with zeros?

Matvei

Is this still the best dongle on the market in terms of SINAD? Or is there something better now?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Is this still the best dongle on the market in terms of SINAD? Or is there something better now?
The L&P W2 (cs43198 version) has about 119dB SINAD:
BALDashboardNew.jpg

My unit of the E1DA 9038D6K has about 121dB SINAD, and it costs less than half as much!
unknown-5.png
However, the output voltage is lower and DR(A) is 5dB worse.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Crikey - just saw this thing- and bought because hey, why not!

Veri

Master Contributor
Crikey - just saw this thing- and bought because hey, why not!

Cute little thing!!

alekksander

The light will of course drive me insane. Not one for the bedroom
you can always dim this clear plastic a little bit yourself. personally i'll leave it "as is" as long as it's not too obtrusive.

Top Bottom