• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurement&Review of Luxury&Precision W1/W2 Portable USB DAC-Amp

DeepSpace57

I believe they both do not have a buffer. E1DA9038s and 9038D do not have any competitor in the dongle league, I think.

alekksander

Looks fantastic also in terms of visual design.

ReaderZ

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Will see is it worth a price, mentioned Sonata is eachy to say at least with some USB ports but what concerns me more as TT actually has a good reputation with driver support is Cirrus. CS43131 while great is rather complex design. Dual DAC balanced out performance is great but for the price you can buy equally equipped DAP.

Which DAP measured this well for $300?

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Which DAP measured this well for $300?
Well its not mesured properly nor hire yet however there were no CS43131 designs that did mesure really bad. It's not 300 but rather 200$ HiBy R3Pro. There's also now a balanced dual CS43131 TempoTec Sonata HD Pro successor for less than 100$ and HD Pro (Hidizs S8) whose one of the best CS43131 designs regarding measurements so far.

W1ll1eTheP1mp

Well its not mesured properly nor hire yet however there were no CS43131 designs that did mesure really bad. It's not 300 but rather 200$ HiBy R3Pro. There's also now a balanced dual CS43131 TempoTec Sonata HD Pro successor for less than 100$ and HD Pro (Hidizs S8) whose one of the best CS43131 designs regarding measurements so far.
The W2 has been measured properly. No Dap can compete within this price range with W2. Afaik, DAPs is usually not worth it compared to buying a cheap Android phone+dongle. Most DAPs=old android phone with built in dac /amp you pay premium for.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
The W2 has been measured properly. No Dap can compete within this price range with W2. Afaik, DAPs is usually not worth it compared to buying a cheap Android phone+dongle. Most DAPs=old android phone with built in dac /amp you pay premium for.
Actually I did mention portable unbalanced DAC amp that mesured better and cost fraction of the price. DAP has much more components than DAC alone. And my preference goes to BT controled DAP from the phone over any dongle, even more so if it cost's less and has same audio components.

alekksander

i'd love something like W2 for powered monitors! would get two :)

WB79

Hi! Is it possible to get the files (drivers, rescue drivers, firmware for bricked w1). These are in baidu from Luxury Precision site and I'm living in France. Can't get these

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
On the W2, can the SPDIF and analog be routed independently? I suspect not but for $300 I still have some hope

W1ll1eTheP1mp

Does anybody know if this can be attached to an Rpi with f.ex Ropieee and use it wit Roon via USB?

0RF30

I am looking for a good portable USB dac AMP. This could be the one. I see that there is a lot of EQ preset. With a firmware update, is it technically possible that the manufacturer offers the possibility to define our own EQ in the future ?
Is there any device that offer this function ? (The idea is to listen with my phone (tidal) and be able to use the same EQ I use in my home setup). Thx.

Set your Tidal account in UAPP, you get a 10 bands PEQ with the toneboosters EQ plugin, or set your tidal account in Bubbleupnp and output it on UAPP dlna/upnp renderer (again with your PEQ set in toneboosters EQ plugin). You can have the same EQ on both your phone and home setup (unless you use some 10+ bands EQ of course).

Savi

Thanks a lot ! Exactly what I was looking for ! It works perfectly.

0RF30

In fact p.38 firmware is not the latest, you can get it on the updated first post of the thread ( https://www.head-fi.org/threads/luxury-precision-lp-portable-usb-dac-amp-w1-and-w2.949448/ )

Here they are :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1--wlg4ZLTdNPHNVJMQri53ReK7jZmKRS?usp=sharing

[EDIT] Firmware update was mandatory when I received W1 (BSOD in Windows 10 with the provided driver, stuttering in android in non exclusive mode, etc. ). Seems ok with 1.0.2.1 firmware.

Last edited:

Eneko

It will be very nice if they could do the firmware update program available for Mac at some point :-(

Gus141

Is there a way to update the W2 firmware with a Mac? I have a bootcamp partition with Windows 7 but no Windows 10 machine at the moment.

Top Bottom