• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurement of R2R DAC

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Might be interesting to watch this. The speaker Jonathan Novick was also a Governor of the AES.
Don't need to watch it because both Michael and I attended that presentation! You can see me asking him questions at minute 57:00. Lighting was poor so I don't look my best there! :D

This is really the disconnect between us and you. You keep thinking you are telling us something we don't know or have not heard 100 times. We have heard them and know a lot about them. There is a reason we dismiss them and if you pay attention to totality of what we are saying, hopefully you will get there too.

So don't keep assuming you are standing on a taller mountain of knowledge than us.

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
Might be interesting to watch this. The speaker Jonathan Novick was also a Governor of the AES.

Amir and I were there. The room was packed. It was the best RMAF presentation of all time. :)

Of course, Amir was the gunner (Law school terminology) on the front row.

rebbiputzmaker

Major Contributor
Don't need to watch it because both Michael and I attended that presentation! You can see me asking him questions at minute 57:00. Lighting was poor so I don't look my best there! :D

This is really the disconnect between us and you. You keep thinking you are telling us something we don't know or have not heard 100 times. We have heard them and know a lot about them. There is a reason we dismiss them and if you pay attention to totality of what we are saying, hopefully you will get there too.

So don't keep assuming you are standing on a taller mountain of knowledge than us.
No assumptions at all, just looking for reasonable conversation. "US" can be a complicated. Who is/are "us"?

View starting at min 3:58

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
So if you were to go to a physician you would not want him you use his 50 years of experience to decide if you have hoof in mouth disease.

OK I can accept that.:cool:
Personally, if I felt ill I would go to a doctor for advice, not an amateur enthusiast who thinks years of being a fan makes him knowledgeable about things medical.
Same with hifi.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
So if you were to go to a physician you would not want him you use his 50 years of experience to decide if you have hoof in mouth disease.

OK I can accept that.:cool:
See, fundamental misunderstanding here..

I’m not sure I can do a better job of explaining things and it probably won’t help anyway because you’ve assumed a role of the crusading ‘wise monk’ and think you know better when infact you just don’t get what’s going on here at all.

Never mind lol

rebbiputzmaker

Major Contributor
Personally, if I felt ill I would go to a doctor for advice, not an amateur enthusiast who thinks years of being a fan makes him knowledgeable about things medical.
Same with hifi.
So you feel Superdad and his experience and explanation of Hovland still classify him as an amateur? ok.

rebbiputzmaker

Major Contributor
See, fundamental misunderstanding here..

I’m not sure I can do a better job of explaining things and it probably won’t help anyway because you’ve assumed a role of the crusading ‘wise monk’ and think you know better when infact you just don’t get what’s going on here at all.

Never mind lol
Just wondering if you were following the conversation and who I was referring to. Please see above. Sorry no crusades (bad knees) and no monking around either as I have not taken a vow of science, typo I meant silence.

Don Hills

Addicted to Fun and Learning

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
That's some read:

Now here is where things get interesting: For my training I was set to stuff the line level PCB for the HP100. The lead assembler lady explained that all of the stocked resistors have a polarity mark on them and to follow the stuffed example board and pay attention to the resistors and their polarity. Humm, I wondered. so I asked in an as pragmatic tone as I could muster "how do you determine the polarity of the resistors?" She answered "that is a secret". I just raised my eye brows in mild astonishment and smiled and followed directions. Later I commented on how I had never come across any article that ever even remotely suggested that a resister had any aspect of electronic polarity. She just kind of snapped back "Well, they do and we have to test each run of resistors because they will follow the color codes one time then might be reversed another." About a month later I saw her doing the polarity test and marking the resistors. She tuned a little credit card type portable FM radio in between stations and put on the ear buds then grabbed a resistor by one end of the leads in both hands and held it next to her chest like she was praying. Then she clasped the other lead and repeated the process. Something she was hearing on the radio was queuing her to mark one end of the resistor. I never found out any more than this about the resistor polarity marking process.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Rather neatly summarises the audiophile’s belief system.
Keith

Superdad

Audio Company
Last edited:

Superdad

Audio Company
And yet our products won a dozen awards around the world, appeared on over a dozen magazine covers, and we sold over $11 million (at wholesale; retail about $18m) of reliable, still sought after products.

Image HiFi HP200/RADIA.pdf
HiFiPlus-HP200.pdf

StratosPair.jpg
Stratos-wJBL.JPG

Attachments

• German-HP200RADIA.pdf
    654.6 KB · Views: 2,149
  • HiFiPlus-HP200.pdf
    306.7 KB · Views: 2,469

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
There are some many lies and distortions to his story that I would not know where to begin. Start with the fact that her work for us for 3 weeks and not 3 months, and that rarely showed up for work on time and could not find his way around the simplest of circuits.
Of course ;)

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Just wondering if you were following the conversation and who I was referring to. Please see above. Sorry no crusades (bad knees) and no monking around either as I have not taken a vow of science, typo I meant silence.
Oh yes Iv been following your narrative here since you signed up, it’s misguided and lacks the simplist understanding of what we are doing here yet you carry on with sanctimony as your shield and mockery as your sword.

Must we have every thread derailed because you want to start a argument about the importance of subjective listening impressions, posting numerous videos and general complaints about how close minded the members are?

This forum was setup to discuss Audio using verifiable knowns as the basis of our discussion dynamic not what ‘some guy reckons he heard once’ as that has no value beyond the individual concerned so just leads to bucketfuls of totally inane discussion. ( if you want that there’s plenty of places out there for you).

So please no more of that, I don’t want to see it and our members have no intrest in it.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
And yet our products won a dozen awards around the world, appeared on over a dozen magazine covers, and we sold over $11 million (at wholesale; retail about $18m) of reliable, still sought after products.
"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people -----"
You know the rest. ;)

Top Bottom