1. WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Measurement and Review of FX-Audio DAC-X6 DAC (compared to Topping D30 and Fiio E10K)

Discussion in 'Digital Audio Converters (DACs)' started by amirm, Nov 28, 2017.

1. mindbomb

mindbomb Member

yes, this was what I was looking for. I saw in the hardware teardown thread there was some question of component quality, but this seems like pretty standard volume pot performance for the alps rk097.

2. neu01

neu01 Member

Thanks! Very detailed review. Looks like I'll have to add the topping to my xmas shopping list. :)

3. amirm

amirm Founder/Admin CFO (Chief Fun Officer) Staff Member

You are very welcome!

4. Thomas savage

Thomas savage Moderator Moderator The Watchman

Got accosted at the bar at 1am last night, some audiophile wanted me to go listen to his system.. he made his own subs but also used a little topping amp ( intergrated I think) sounded nice until he turned it up.

I will be intrigued to see how the other topping stuff measures, they are nice little units well build for the money I thought.

5. watchnerd

watchnerd Major Contributor Beer Hero

How did you end up talking subwoofers at 1 AM?

6. Wombat

Wombat Active Member

If it was a 'singles' bar and you wanted to hear LPs .................... :)