• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurement and Review of Emotiva DC-1 DAC

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Update on Emotiva customer service. When I called them to say the "repaired" Stealth DC-1 DAC was still on the fritz, they offered, without my asking, to send me a UPS shipping label so that it can go back in again. Sounds like they would really like to help.
Good to hear Mr Spock. ;)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Here we are 2 1/2 years later and still no Stealth Dc1 replacement.
I remember seeing pictures of the DC-2 a few years back.
I'll afraid it was still-born. :(

WondrousHippo

Forum Donor
Here we are 2 1/2 years later and still no Stealth Dc1 replacement.
Genuinely a shame, the analog input and five digital inputs is a combo few other devices match. Perfect for integrating vinyl into an otherwise digital setup

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Genuinely a shame, the analog input and five digital inputs is a combo few other devices match. Perfect for integrating vinyl into an otherwise digital setup
Yep, they also had the matching SP-1 which added 3 more analog inputs and a phono stage. It combined with the DC-1 into a very nice remote controlled minimalist pre-amp. I don't understand what goes on at Emotiva, every time they have a very promising product, one way or the other they shoot themselves in the foot with it. :(
71+TCAD2qAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Blame Topping and SMSL.

I wouldn't be surprised. But they are a niche company with only so many resources. They are however solidly in the AVR game and I can understand that move away from DAC's.

gvl

Major Contributor
Chances are Topping already sold more DACs than Emotiva ever managed to.

Top Bottom