• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measure and EQ of Tannoy xt8f

• Thread starter Deleted member 24907
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24907

Dear all,

I am looking for tips and trics to optimize my setup. So if you have one after reading this story please be welcome.
I bought an NAC c368 a couple of years back hoping for a DIRAC module coming up. No such luck and asking NAD about this they responded that the hardware is not able for this sort of module. I am not interested in the C658 because it's kinda expensive and does not measure very well. I am from the Netherlands so Dutch cheap ;-). I just want to get rid of the multiple exagerated frequencies of these speakers, as can be checked for instance in the measurements of hometheaterhifi (HTF). So I have done the following: I did a frequency sweep using my phone headphone out->RCA input in amp. Measured with a Spectrum app on an ipad. Frequency response sure looks like the one measured by HTF. I have installed Wavelet on my phone and was able to import a 127 band testfile. Next thing will be to precisely create a file which will get the frequencies right up to for instance 400 Hz, or maybe full range. Then, I can use the phone USB out->E1DA 9038 unbalanced->rca amp in. And I will have some sort of optimilisation of my setup, without the room reflextion corrections off course. Anyway, tips and trics are welcome. And please be aware that the budget is zero.

Top Bottom