• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurable aspects of sound perception

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Epoisse is prohibited from being taken onto any bus or mass transit in France. THAT is the mark of a truly great cheese.

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
Never heard of either. I'm a "fussy eater." Just looking at pictures of them, I'm afraid I'd rather have "Kraft" cheese!

I guess no fish heads either, the fat behind the eye is rather good?
food18.jpg

j_j

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
Some hazardous and/or explosive gases have ranges where you smell them. And at higher ranges they immediately blunt your senses and you will not smell them. Or near that range you stop smelling them in 30 seconds or so after saturating your senses.

Hydrogen sulfide, for instance, is very nasty in that respect.

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
Why did Captain Beefheart come to mind all of a sudden?

Never met a dog that didn't love beef hearts. I make an artichoke stuffed with veal heart that is pretty good.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Why did Captain Beefheart come to mind all of a sudden?
I played Ice Cream For Crow yesterday for Mr Didden, who was unfamiliar with the Magic Band.

It did not impress him. Tant pis.

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
I played Ice Cream For Crow yesterday for Mr Didden, who was unfamiliar with the Magic Band.

It did not impress him. Tant pis.

Wild Man Fischer will impress him even less.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hydrogen sulfide, for instance, is very nasty in that respect.
Yes, it can be quite hazardous in enclosed spaces for this reason. Smells like rotten eggs.

Sulphur Dioxide is like this also. I used to work around ton cylinders of sulphur dioxide. If you are around it for a bit at very low levels, though you won't smell it, you will begin to taste it. At high levels you'll never smell or taste it. And of course breathing in much of this a little higher mixes with moisture and the nasty acid will do your lungs harm. Smells like the smoke from an old fashion matchstick.

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
Give me credit, I have managed to avoid further ironic comment! Oh, sweet mysteries of life .... :p

I've learned in Asia it is a great ice breaker on customer visits to go right for the eyes on the fish heads and know the correct order of filling the seats in a cab.

Top Bottom