• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mcintosh MHA150

karnivor

Good afternoon, I'm a new member and appreciate being a part of this group. I purchased the Mcintosh for 2 reasons, the second of which is the ability to use the speaker output terminals for everyday listening without headphones. However, I can't get any sound to come from a set of KEF LS50 Meta speakers. I believe they're rated at 4OHM and for those that know, would that have anything to do with not receiving any output as the amp's rated for 8OHM for small or large speakers. I received an excellent deal at Best Buy for a new, sealed box MHA150 but without the ability to use the speakers I'm unable to use it for much use for which it was purchased. Help is greatly appreciated.

Inner Space

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The 4ohm/8ohm thing shouldn't result in no sound at all. Is the output selected correctly?

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
Does having headphones plugged in mute the speaker outputs?

AudioStudies

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Checked for the obvious yet? Mute not turned on? Proper input selected? Volume turned up high enough?

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Do you have another pair of speakers? Does any sound come of those?

And that too?

Checked for the obvious yet? Mute not turned on? Proper input selected? Volume turned up high enough?

Top Bottom