• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

MBL Extremes to be at AXPONA

TitaniumTroy

I read where the MBL Extremes are to be at the 2016 AXPONA, now thats an exotic, super speaker in my book.
http://www.audionirvana.org/forum/t...axpona-chicago/165-pre-show-information/page4

MBL Radialstrahler 101 X-Treme System
and the UHA Phase12-OPS Tape Deck.

The MBL X-Treme system starting at only $470,000.
MBL North America has spared no expense to bring this incredible system to you at Axpona 2016 in Chicago this year!

The ultimate mbl system, thirty years of research and development. Each hand crafted X-treme system is impressive, classic German attention to detail, and obsession with perfection. This impressive design uses three pulsating spheres (for bass, midrange, and high frequencies), MBL has employed carbon fiber, aluminum, steel, acrylic, and wood to create this massive four-tower speaker system.
  • Four tower speaker- omni directional, 1.5 tons
  • Mirror-imaged Radialstrahler bass, midrange & tweeter arrays
  • Massive stand alone bass towers includes their own internal balanced amplifiers for extreme adjustability.
  • The main tower holds a pair of mirror-imaged omnidirectional Radialstrahler 101 driver arrays, supported by acrylic, steel, and wood, while the lacquered woofer columns house a quartet each of proprietary 12-inch bass drivers.
The entire array weighs in at 3600 pounds!

Experience this ultimate system at Axpona 2016 with the latest

UHA Phase12-OPS Reel to Reel Tape Deck for a live immersion into the music.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
They are at Munich every year, usually the same large room, with another smaller system alongside.
For me there always seems to be a disjointed SQ between the main speakers and the sub towers.
Keith

OP
TitaniumTroy

TitaniumTroy

Well I hope they sound better than the German Physiks speaker of a couple of years ago at AXPONA, another super expensive, also omin directional and even German made too. I heard they numerous set up problems, whatever the cause they sounded bad to almost everybody.

fas42

Major Contributor
Heard the 101Es over 10 years ago, driven by MBL's best gear. This had no problem with subjective dynamics, and staging - but because they were so "transparent" I could also hear the elecronics start to develop an unpleasant edge as they continued down the track. If this was not resolved then the result would be "bad" sound - the faster the car travels, the more it's going to get into trouble, big trouble if the overall balance is not exactly right; and it works identically in audio ...

Top Bottom