• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Matrix M vs I, M vs X

Inkey31

Forum Donor
Hello,

I was checking their website and found by looking at their specs the M and the I are very similar.

I wonder why it cost more money? Has anyone compared the two?

The X seems to use the higher end ESS dac chip, the M shares the same processor. It seems you get the X if you want balanced out and the better chip, seems to be no extra features?

OP
Inkey31

Inkey31

Forum Donor
Matrix Team

Attachments

• 2020-04-07 07_07_59-Intersted in buying the Element I and M - jinconiglios@gmail.com - Gmail.png
    2020-04-07 07_07_59-Intersted in buying the Element I and M - [email protected] - Gmail.png
    87 KB · Views: 250

ex audiophile

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hello,

I was checking their website and found by looking at their specs the M and the I are very similar.

I wonder why it cost more money? Has anyone compared the two?

The X seems to use the higher end ESS dac chip, the M shares the same processor. It seems you get the X if you want balanced out and the better chip, seems to be no extra features?
I had the same question and contacted one of their dealers (Power Holdings) and the bulk of the increased cost in the M is the internal power supply. The I version has an external supply much like a laptop computer which for me is a big PITA but for others no big deal.

OP
Inkey31

Inkey31

Forum Donor
Yea, so the I model does not have MQA, no internal power supply, and the AMP is a little different.

They some how got better performance they said off the I's headphone amp and stuffed it in the M. It has the same output power and topology.

Top Bottom