• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Matrix Element i

SpyB

Hot of the press!! / no pricing on this link as yet
I think the aesthetics in black look very nice,and the possibility
of using a external LPS is an option.

It is stripped down to reduce the cost,and possibly is
equal to / or better than, the mini i pro 2s/ for the element series

And a good Candidate for a ASR Review,
maybe Amirm can ask Arthur at Matrix USA for review Sample

https://www.matrix-digi.com/en/products/417.html

Last edited:

digicidal

Major Contributor
@Cahudson42 are you referring to the fact that the Buy Now link isn't working yet? Other than that I can't imagine what you're referring to - it's an actual product, on the vendor's US retail site, which includes full description. Click bait would be none of those things.

Joachim Herbert

Forum Donor
OP
SpyB

SpyB

When the "buy now" link on the Matrix website,activates the pop up price

It will be in shipping mode,Matrix usually take a little while to post the
retail cost

skipost-it

VS Element M, they use the same ES9028PRO chip, same remote control and I prefer the color black.

Could someone indicate the main differences with the M model?
It does not have MQA certificates, and the WLAN is only 2.4Ghz (only one antenna), it loses highest frequency level in the USB input, it has no microsd input and chassis is smaller..
Although it seems to use the same headphone amplification system.
In addition, the option of adding a quality external source plays in its favor. Anything else that stands out?
We lose audio quality or those gadgets equal 1000 dollars discount?

OP
SpyB

SpyB

VS Element M, they use the same ES9028PRO chip, same remote control and I prefer the color black.

Could someone indicate the main differences with the M model?
It does not have MQA certificates, and the WLAN is only 2.4Ghz (only one antenna), it loses highest frequency level in the USB input, it has no microsd input and chassis is smaller..
Although it seems to use the same headphone amplification system.
In addition, the option of adding a quality external source plays in its favor. Anything else that stands out?
We lose audio quality or those gadgets equal 1000 dollars discount?

Uses a different processor,and will possibly not have the double wall chassis.
Matrix are well known for offering very good value
in there entry level devices,I expect it will have very good results under test.

Last edited:

escalibur

What is "Meh" , and why are you confused,
I obtained that pricing from Matrix
Meh if it really costs $1,000. I've exptected it to be sub $500. Other than that thanks but no thanks. :)

mi-fu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
At this price range, I would expect a color display that can show album artwork.

Price-wise, it is a bit disappointing indeed.

OP
SpyB

SpyB

Meh if it really costs $1,000. I've exptected it to be sub $500. Other than that thanks but no thanks. :)

I see you are smiling now,you have made your decision.

Your happy,Good for you

there are plenty of less costly dacs for you to choose from.

Sabaj is one that comes to mind

OP
SpyB

SpyB

mi-fu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Do not be disappointed,look for something else.

This has the type of screen you mentioned/although is in the same price range

https://shop.musicteck.com/products...-to-analogue-converter?variant=20344400314430

If you have other DAC's in mind that meet your expectation,then please highlight them.

I would be interested

I am not a fan boy of any brand. So I didn't want to make this kind of comparisons. But you asked, so I answer:

For DACs, once they come to the bench of certain excellent performance, I doubt if they would have any audible difference. It is the functions and reliability that rule. That's why a professional product like RME ADI-2 DAC is so well-regarded by many.

Apart from being a bare-bones DAC, the most impressive additional function of Matrix Element-I is being a streamer and "Roon-ready."

But a 35 dollar Google chromecast audio would immediately turn the ADI-2 DAC into a Roon-ready streamer (That is what I am doing :D). So, for the price range of a grand, I would think ADI-2 DAC will still be a far better choice. It has way more useful functions than what Element-I can offer.

By the way, people can have different opinions. Why not let people have different views. I think there is no need to keep defending certain products? ;)

Top Bottom