• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Matrix Audio X-SABRE 3 DAC/Streamer Official Thread

ex audiophile

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hi guys. The question to owners. How high level is DAC in machine? Is it somehow comparable with Chord or PS Audio? Really want to buy it as the end point for my Roon server and connect with my current amp Luxman P-700u
Welcome. The DAC in this device is NOT comparable to the DACs you mention, it is in another league altogether, especially the BS audio product. Check the Review Index on this site for a comparison of the performance of various devices. Cheers

iFenixxZ

Welcome. The DAC in this device is NOT comparable to the DACs you mention, it is in another league altogether, especially the BS audio product. Check the Review Index on this site for a comparison of the performance of various devices. Cheers
Thanks. So no magic in that chinese peace of gear. will make some kind of audition and decide the difference for my ears

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Thanks. So no magic in that chinese peace of gear. will make some kind of audition and decide the difference for my ears

Yep, Chinese piece of gear that put to shame an UK made overpriced Chord DAC and all PS Audio DACs together.

Giacomo

Hi all. I use x sabre 3 with Audirvana 3.5 (768 mhz) or iTunes (44.1mhz) thru I2S input connetted to the converter Matrix Audio x spdif 2 by hdmi cable. I can Only say that I’m very satisfied of the result. But I want to suggest you to read the review over “Suono n. 558 Digital Edition”
...the results are at level well above the our tange ... in the sense that they define a standard for reproduction WHICH IS ONLY PART THE GREAT NAMES of D/A Conversion.

Last edited:

capitanharlock

Usually people see magic in the other dacs you mentioned (Chord or Ps Audio).
But all the dacs are simply consumer electronics, not musical instruments, fine wines or gourmet food.
There is no "magic" in the audio gear.

Giacomo

Magico

Attachments

• 68193694-68A9-4705-86FB-1EA77B722153.jpeg
    68193694-68A9-4705-86FB-1EA77B722153.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 124

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Enrico
Does the front "screen" show album art when using roon or an external player such as jriver? Or does it just show bit rate, network connection etc?

Giacomo

The front screen show album cover when using Tidal connect directly (no need of Roon ecc.)

Attachments

• 2DD903FF-D03F-4AEE-91EB-6EE6381D0F27.jpeg
    2DD903FF-D03F-4AEE-91EB-6EE6381D0F27.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 68
OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Enrico
Does the front "screen" show album art when using roon or an external player such as jriver? Or does it just show bit rate, network connection etc?

With Roon it shows bit rate for about 5 secs then album art work for the rest of the song. If the next song has the same bit rate, then it won't show the bit rate and go directly to album art work. With DLNA it shows only bit rate, not album artwork. Also, it does not show metadata because the screen is too small. So for that I built a Raspberry Pi Display with RoPieee to show album artwork and metadata from the X-SABRE 3.

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
With Roon it shows bit rate for about 5 secs then album art work for the rest of the song. If the next song has the same bit rate, then it won't show the bit rate and go directly to album art work. With DLNA it shows only bit rate, not album artwork. Also, it does not show metadata because the screen is too small. So for that I built a Raspberry Pi Display with RoPieee to show album artwork and metadata from the X-SABRE 3.
Thanks but wrt to your response with respect to dlna was that using the matrix player or some other software?
TIA

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Thanks but wrt to your response with respect to dlna was that using the matrix player or some other software?
TIA

The MA Player app does not work with the X-SABRE 3 because the X-SABRE 3 has the MA Player LITE chip. You have to use third party DLNA apps like mConnect app which works perfectly fine with the X-SABRE 3.

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
TIA

Here is the X-SABRE 3 playing DSD 512 with mConnect app files stored in my Synology DS1019+ NAS.

IMG_9951.PNG

IMG_9950.jpeg

jaraheel

looking forward to ASR measurements of it. Perhaps a replacement for my D90SE

Charlie

Hello,
and thank you for this information.
Sorry, I'm French and don't speak English well.
I have the x saber pro 3.
-I have some difficulties for the Tidal integration, it does not work well: connection difficulties every time I disconnect.
-I hope Qobuz will be integrated... Other matrix products integrate it, why not the xsabre?.
-A question: is it possible to connect a hard drive directly to the Xsabre pro?
Currently, my hd is connected to my internet box and I use upnp. I am testing Mconnect and Bubbleupnp. Bubbleupnp is more convenient. Mconnect stops playing as soon as my tablet screen goes to sleep.
But Bubbleupnp does not display the covers of my cds... In short, not easy

Do you have any advice
Thank you

Top Bottom