• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Matrix Audio X-SABRE 3 DAC/Streamer Official Thread

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
what does roon ready do for you? if the dac is recognized by the PC then you just go about setting it up in room right?
is it necessary or just a safety thing?
Roon Ready means that the equipment works with Roon RAAT without the need to be connected to a computer. Any Roon Ready device passes through a series of tests done by Roon Labs to certified that the equipment works with Roon without any glitches.

thejck

so no dac only devices are roon ready. just the ones with built in streamers.

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
so no dac only devices are roon ready. just the ones with built in streamers.

A DAC could be Roon Tested (Not Roon Ready) which is another category. You can read about Roon Ready and Roon Tested categories in Roon Labs website.

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Zeos review of the X-SABRE 3 is up. Now we need @amirm do the real review with measurements ;)

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Monday comes to me x Sabre 3!

You are going to love it!! Check that your X-SABRE 3 has the latest firmware as it fix all the reported bugs from initial release.

tsunami0102

I would like to mention to potential buyers of X-SABRE3 that please take a look at this post before making the final decision.

A few users (and all X-SABRE 3 users I know of) have complained about a whirring/humming sound coming from the unit. It's not a big issue and will not affect the music listening experience (only audible when ears are a few inches away from the unit, which no one would do in normal situations). But for people pursuing perfection in a $3000 unit, it might be a concern.

I recorded a short sound clip, but not sure how to upload it...

dvb-projekt

I would like to mention to potential buyers of X-SABRE3 that please take a look at this post before making the final decision.

A few users (and all X-SABRE 3 users I know of) have complained about a whirring/humming sound coming from the unit. It's not a big issue and will not affect the music listening experience (only audible when ears are a few inches away from the unit, which no one would do in normal situations). But for people pursuing perfection in a $3000 unit, it might be a concern.

I recorded a short sound clip, but not sure how to upload it...
Mine is dead quiet!

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
I can hear the noise only if I place my ear literally touching the unit which I never do. BTW, my ARCAM ST60 has the same noise. That noise is LCD screen related and it does not affect SQ at all.

Giacomo

With the filtrerà DSD what appena? Sounds Great. But with AirPlay stilo have a problem of repeating “da capo” with out procede. I’ firmware software building 044. Last boe can I reach Tidal when I’m in the network? Thanks

Giacomo

1638985755148.jpeg

iFenixxZ

Hi guys. The question to owners. How high level is DAC in machine? Is it somehow comparable with Chord or PS Audio? Really want to buy it as the end point for my Roon server and connect with my current amp Luxman P-700u

Top Bottom