• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 Review (Streamer & DAC)

VariousArtists

Hi @MatrixAudio , I am on the latest firmware and AirPlay also stopped working (it's in the list of AirPlay destinations, but iPhone just says "Unable to connect"), I am using a wired connection between the mini-i 3 Pro and the router, and I tried restarting the router etc but none worked. Is there anything else I should try? Thanks
Hi MaadScience,
I'm not owner of Matrix Audio, I'm just a member of Matrix Team. Thanks for your words on our services.
Best regards.

Wei

MatrixAudio

Audio Company
Hi @MatrixAudio , I am on the latest firmware and AirPlay also stopped working (it's in the list of AirPlay destinations, but iPhone just says "Unable to connect"), I am using a wired connection between the mini-i 3 Pro and the router, and I tried restarting the router etc but none worked. Is there anything else I should try? Thanks
Will the mini-i Pro 3 work through USB connection to a PC?
Did AirPlay worked before?

VariousArtists

Will the mini-i Pro 3 work through USB connection to a PC?
Did AirPlay worked before?
Yes, it still works through USB, and AirPlay definitely worked before (both WiFi and Ethernet). It still shows up in the list of AirPlay devices, it just doesn’t accept a connection.

I can ping its IP address from my PC though, it does respond to that (no time out).

Edit: just to add, I just moved home and the ethernet router is different, and the wifi network has a different name, but my other AirPlay devices (Apple AirPort Express and Belkin SoundForm Connect) are still working fine. I also tried to factory reset the mini-i 3 but it still doesn't work.

Last edited:

VariousArtists

Yes, it still works through USB, and AirPlay definitely worked before (both WiFi and Ethernet). It still shows up in the list of AirPlay devices, it just doesn’t accept a connection.

I can ping its IP address from my PC though, it does respond to that (no time out).

Edit: just to add, I just moved home and the ethernet router is different, and the wifi network has a different name, but my other AirPlay devices (Apple AirPort Express and Belkin SoundForm Connect) are still working fine. I also tried to factory reset the mini-i 3 but it still doesn't work.
Update: Wei @MatrixAudio helped me to debug the issue and after a bit of back and forth, AirPlay is working again.

I am very happy with the support I received from Matrix Audio. The fact that they are actively enaging with users and supporting a model over 2 years old which is no longer the latest generation is very encouraging. Well done!

Top Bottom