• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Matrix Audio Mini-i 3 and Mini-i Pro 3

Albocan

I'm from Chile, South American. I just bought a mini-i pro 3, but I am quite disappointed as I have been testing the equipment for a few hours and I am constantly experiencing problems with it.

I turn on the DAC and after a while it freezes. It does not respond to the commands I send with the remote control and neither do the physical buttons on the same device respond. I can't even turn off the device. To do so, I have been forced to unplug the power cord. I checked the firmware version and it appears that it is working with version C313B6.

The problem repeats itself every time and every time I turn it on and use it.

What could be the problem and the solution?

SunnyRehde

Forum Donor
I'm from Chile, South American. I just bought a mini-i pro 3, but I am quite disappointed as I have been testing the equipment for a few hours and I am constantly experiencing problems with it.

I turn on the DAC and after a while it freezes. It does not respond to the commands I send with the remote control and neither do the physical buttons on the same device respond. I can't even turn off the device. To do so, I have been forced to unplug the power cord. I checked the firmware version and it appears that it is working with version C313B6.

The problem repeats itself every time and every time I turn it on and use it.

What could be the problem and the solution?

Hallo!

My unit arrived yesterday and I used it for about an hour. No such issues (yet). Same hardware and firmware as yours.

Greets Sunny

Tanner

@Albocan have connected it with usb to a pc? trying to rule out external things causing the issue.
sure this is serious

Albocan

@Albocan have connected it with usb to a pc? trying to rule out external things causing the issue.
seguro que esto es serio [/ QUOTE]

Hello! That 's what I did. I connected the equipment to my PC and downloaded the official drivers. It works, but after a few minutes it freezes and does not respond. If the DAC is still working and giving signal, there is no way to operate the equipment.

Tanner

@Albocan try to operate it without it been connected to the pc, maybe with airplay,bluetooth etc an see if it freezes.
ps. the cable included is a conventional usb to useb type c or usbc to usbc ?

Last edited:

Albocan

@Albocan try to operate it without it been connected to the pc, maybe with airplay,bluetooth etc an see if it freezes.
ps. the cable included is a conventional usb to useb type c or usbc to usbc ?

The package did not include a usb cable. I used a Ugreen brand USB C cable and a USB C cable from a Samsung charger that I have, I was testing it with Roon as a DAC.

Albocan

The package did not include a usb cable. I used a Ugreen brand USB C cable and a USB C cable from a Samsung charger that I have, I was testing it with Roon as a DAC.

I was doing tests without connecting it by usb and the equipment still freezes

Last edited:

Tanner

cable from chargers with pd qc etc is wrong.

@Albocan send an email to matrix with the issue and when they answer please report back to us.

Last edited:

Albocan

cable from chargers with pd qc etc is wrong.

@Albocan send an email to matrix with the issue and when they answer please report back to us.

I wrote to the seller and he told me that he was going to contact the manufacturer. On the other hand, I posted the problem on the official Matrix Audio forum, but so far no one has responded.

Tanner

I wrote to the seller and he told me that he was going to contact the manufacturer. On the other hand, I posted the problem on the official Matrix Audio forum, but so far no one has responded.

email them directly to their support

Albocan

I finally contacted the Matrix Audio technical support platform who quickly contacted me. They did a review of the equipment via internet connection and determined that there was a problem with it. They asked me to return the product to the seller, ShenzenAudio, who they had already contacted and they indicated that a new DAC would be sent to me to resolve the issue. I hope that they consider a special attention for the shipping costs that means returning the product from Chile to China.

I finally contacted the Matrix Audio technical support platform who quickly contacted me. They did a review of the equipment via internet connection and determined that there was a problem with it. They asked me to return the product to the seller, ShenzenAudio, who they had already contacted and they indicated that a new DAC would be sent to me to resolve the issue. I hope that they consider a special attention for the shipping costs that means returning the product from Chile to China.

It is, however, a sign of great professionalism and seriousness on the part of Matrix Audio.

I am sure that everything will go well.

Last edited:

Albocan

It is, however, a sign of great professionalism and seriousness on the part of Matrix Audio.

I am sure that everything will go well.

I finally received my replacement unit. It works perfectly and flawlessly. On the other hand, the seller offered to reimburse me for the shipping cost I made to return the defective product. I was very satisfied with the solution and with the speed with which they helped me solve the problem. Regarding the equipment, I have compared it with an SMSL M400 that I also own and it has nothing to envy in audio quality, but in addition to that I gain a better look, better materials and above all, what interests me the most, that it is Roon Ready , which in theory should happen soon.

I finally received my replacement unit. It works perfectly and flawlessly. On the other hand, the seller offered to reimburse me for the shipping cost I made to return the defective product. I was very satisfied with the solution and with the speed with which they helped me solve the problem. Regarding the equipment, I have compared it with an SMSL M400 that I also own and it has nothing to envy in audio quality, but in addition to that I gain a better look, better materials and above all, what interests me the most, that it is Roon Ready , which in theory should happen soon.

I am happy for you that the incident was resolved successfully and promptly.

This is the great added value of choosing reliable brands like Matrix Audio.

Don't deny us your evaluations and listening impressions also compared with other DACs you have owned.

Around 1k euro, I was hoping for something less.
Thank you.

It is worth making the point that in relation to the excellent musical performance and high quality technology, MQA Encoding for those who appreciate it (apart from the ongoing ROON Certification issue), is a fair and reasonable price.

Certainly considering the 1,000 Euro, personally, however, I am already beginning to think, apart from the well-known
DENAFRIPS Ares II, of some interesting alternatives in R2R by Soekris, Metrum Acoustics, Musician etc etc.

Top Bottom