• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Matrix Audio element M and X comparison

Bliman

I am still looking for a new Dac/preamp (maybe streamer). The ones that I am interested in are the Matrix Audio Element M and Oktoresearch Stereo Dac.
Hopefully, the Oktoresearch will be tested here.
Now this is a long shot but does anyone heard the Matrix Audio Element M and Element X (that was tested here). And what were there impressions of it?
It is so difficult to find reviews of the Matrix Audio Element M (only one on Head Fi) that it is very hard to make an opinion of it.
Now if there would be a review in the pipeline for one it would be great. But I don't know if there will come one. That's why I ask others of their opinion.

OP
B

Bliman

Thank you.
What a critical review. I hate to buy new gear. It is always a jump in the deep.
I also hate that to people here there is no difference in the sound for 3/4 of the products here and then you read reviews like this.
Really it is all so difficult if you want to buy new gear.

catbb67

Comparing the translated version of the review to the Chinese, I feel like I am reading to different articles. The translated version seems to lack much of the contents.

Inkey31

Forum Donor
so is the M like the X?

No sound difference correct?

francisg

This would be a good topic to revive... I think there are X owners who also have previously owned the M...

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom