• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Matrix Audio Element I Wi-Fi No Internet

DelawareBob

I have my Element I within 5 feet of my Wi-Fi router. When I run the MA Wi-Fi Configuration I get a message that there's no internet connection. My cellphone and LAN connected PC have internet connections. Following the recommendation of the MA Configuration, I verified that my cellphone will use data if the Wi-Fi is slow. My cellphone is set for 2.4GHz Wi-Fi to match the MA Element. I temporarily connected the Element I to my router via an Ethernet cable and it works fine.

I would appreciate any help in resolving this issue so that I can connect to the internet via Wi-Fi.

Thanks

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
I have my Element I within 5 feet of my Wi-Fi router. When I run the MA Wi-Fi Configuration I get a message that there's no internet connection. My cellphone and LAN connected PC have internet connections. Following the recommendation of the MA Configuration, I verified that my cellphone will use data if the Wi-Fi is slow. My cellphone is set for 2.4GHz Wi-Fi to match the MA Element. I temporarily connected the Element I to my router via an Ethernet cable and it works fine.

I would appreciate any help in resolving this issue so that I can connect to the internet via Wi-Fi.

Thanks
Welcome Aboard @DelawareBob.

Chazz6

Your router has a webpage for information and configuration, and your Android phone has Settings | Connections | Wifi. You'll need to study these and get ideas for trial and error tests.

Massimo

Thanks

My Element i could not maintain a reliable WiFi connection and I was forced to use it with a wired connection. I believe this is an issue with the Element i.

Chazz6

My Element i could not maintain a reliable WiFi connection and I was forced to use it with a wired connection. I believe this is an issue with the Element i.

If this turns out to be the case, a kludge is to get an Audioengine B-Fi. You would feed its 16bit/44 Hz optical output into the Matrix Element. Not ideal, but workable until you either solve the wifi issue or wire Ethernet from your router to the Matrix Element.

OP
D

DelawareBob

Your router has a webpage for information and configuration, and your Android phone has Settings | Connections | Wifi. You'll need to study these and get ideas for trial and error tests.

Thanks for replying

OP
D

DelawareBob

If this turns out to be the case, a kludge is to get an Audioengine B-Fi. You would feed its 16bit/44 Hz optical output into the Matrix Element. Not ideal, but workable until you either solve the wifi issue or wire Ethernet from your router to the Matrix Element.

Thanks for replying

Top Bottom