• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Matrix Audio Element i USB DAC & Streamer Review

bbgma1234

Additionally, I don't know if anyone will find this useful, but I was also wondering if the matrix element i filtered everything at a top frequency or not.
I found this other review with measurements helpful as well:

The reason: it shows performance at 192kHz. I use 96kHz for some studio work, and in the past I have run into situations where an excellent high-quality audio card or DAC used this kind of slope filter at 44.1kHz and 48kHz. No matter what input frequency, it would output max 48kHz.
I only thought to check this because I often record from analog and digital references for mastering, so I will see the analog input at my ADC in.

So, unless there's anything I'm seeing wrong, it doesn't look there's any issue with letting those filters do the more linear thing at 96 or 192, or higher if you know any animals that are into the same music as yourself that would be able to hear 4X the highs :)

Top Bottom