• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Matrix Audio Element i USB DAC & Streamer Review

MatrixAudio

Audio Company
Will Spotify be available only through your MA remote application? Or will it be available as spotify connect directly in the spotify app? Tidal connect is currently available? o Tidal only works through the MA remote app? Thank you!
It's impossible to integrate Spotify to a 3rd party app. We are doing Spotify Connect.
Now you can login Tidal account in MA Remote app. We just signed a agreement with Tidal for Tidal Connect, but have not get any technical documentations yet. Thank you.

cronos

It's impossible to integrate Spotify to a 3rd party app. We are doing Spotify Connect.
Now you can login Tidal account in MA Remote app. We just signed a agreement with Tidal for Tidal Connect, but have not get any technical documentations yet. Thank you.

Thank you very much for the reply! now I understand everything much better. I have finally purchased Matrix Element X. I am waiting for it to come home to me! : D

During the time that Spotify Connect is not available, I will use a bluetooth 5 adapter with the toslink output. So I can use it with my mobile. Although I will usually use it with the computer via USB.

Thank you!

PatriciaP

Forum Donor
@MatrixAudio is element i gapless when I use dlna to stream from my server?
Does the MA app pick up Minimserver Streams?
Or is there another dlna server/app combination you recommend?

MatrixAudio

Audio Company

Manuel

Two questions for the Matrix, please. Which model can clearly outperform the Node 2 + RME ADI-2 DAC? And the second. Can the Mini-i Pro 3 and Element i work as the only element with headphones and Tidal? What differentiates both products? I would do away with my current Yamaha + Rega Ear system. Thank you

ethanhallbeyer

i too would like to know similar things.. is the Matrix dac and headphone amp better or as good as rme adi-2 dac fs?

if not can i just use it as a streamer but use rme for dac and headphones?

cronos

Does the remote control work beyond 2 meters? I have the RM3 model. The battery is new. If I try to use the remote at 3 meters, the signal does not reach Element X. I have to be very close for it to work. Is it a factory defect or is it normal? Thanks!

somy

Does the remote control work beyond 2 meters? I have the RM3 model. The battery is new. If I try to use the remote at 3 meters, the signal does not reach Element X. I have to be very close for it to work. Is it a factory defect or is it normal? Thanks!
I have element M and the remote works beyond 2 meters. Have you tried to change battery?

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes it does for me. Both the M and I work beyond 2 meters. as mentioned by somy, usually that is a battery issue.

cronos

Yes it does for me. Both the M and I work beyond 2 meters. as mentioned by somy, usually that is a battery issue.
I have tried two different batteries and it does the same to me. perhaps it is the fault of the location of the device? interferences?

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have tried two different batteries and it does the same to me. perhaps it is the fault of the location of the device? interferences?
if no batteries my immediate thought went to interferences.
Has the remote ever worked over distance?
Could be receiver or xmitter within remote or matrix. Lots of possibilities here

cronos

if no batteries my immediate thought went to interferences.
Has the remote ever worked over distance?
Could be receiver or xmitter within remote or matrix. Lots of possibilities here

the device is new and recently purchased. I have never used it until now. I am going to speak to Matrix technical service so they can inform me. Thanks a lot!

cdman

I have used Element I for 1.5 years now and liked it so far. But I just upgraded my MA Remote app on iPhone and the search bar disappeared in Qobuz streaming -- is there a way to bring it back? Thanks

MatrixAudio

Audio Company
I have used Element I for 1.5 years now and liked it so far. But I just upgraded my MA Remote app on iPhone and the search bar disappeared in Qobuz streaming -- is there a way to bring it back? Thanks
Hi cdman
With the latest v3.0.2 MA Remote app, you can swipe down in Qobuz page to open search interface and reload the page. There's some differences in doing the 2 operations.
Swipe down from the center of the page to reload Qobuz home page.
Swipe down from the header of the streaming page to open search interface.
See the picture below:
微信图片_20211117091458.png

cdman

Hi cdman
With the latest v3.0.2 MA Remote app, you can swipe down in Qobuz page to open search interface and reload the page. There's some differences in doing the 2 operations.
Swipe down from the center of the page to reload Qobuz home page.
Swipe down from the header of the streaming page to open search interface.
See the picture below:
View attachment 165986

That did work, thank you! But this new way of searching in MA Player is quite counter-intuitive, in my view (I would have never been able to figure it out myself, to a point where I would try looking for alternatives).

Paolosnz

Hello There is news on the implementation of the NAA implementation?
Ps congratulations for the excellent work done on Element M! ✌️

naish

Do anyone knows the di between the Mini I pro and the Element I ?

I like to use it as Roon end point, dac and pre amp to feed my Purifi power amp.

reasons

Do anyone knows the di between the Mini I pro and the Element I ?

I like to use it as Roon end point, dac and pre amp to feed my Purifi power amp.
I’d like to know the same. The mini i seems to have a balanced connection and more power. Also higher output impedance.

Top Bottom