• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Matrix Audio Element i USB DAC & Streamer Review

MatrixAudio

Audio Company
@MatrixAudio this I canot understand, that you produce almost the best implementation of ESS DAC, but software is far behing... for what the best soft and spec when music I must sent to dac via BT? spotify connect or tidal mconnect is nothing new, please cache the trend
Bluetooth is only 1 input option, there's IIS and USB type-c inputs provided. Roon Ready is also bit-perfect.
Obviously bluetooth is for convenience not for the best sound quality.

RichB

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is the mini-i PRO 3 product available and if so, how is it ordered in the US?

- Rich

Lobo_M

Bluetooth is only 1 input option, there's IIS and USB type-c inputs provided. Roon Ready is also bit-perfect.
Obviously bluetooth is for convenience not for the best sound quality.

To be honest I don't need imputs, BT is only to make my wife's and children's life easier.
I was thinking about Spotify connect, Tidal. Stream without useing Roon, I know that it is roon ready but ROON cost extra money.

Lobo_M

The mini-i pro3 has high impedance on the headphone output which could be an issue if you intend to run low impedance headphones.
I will useit as a streamer with DAC, connected to Musical Fidelity amplifier. I don't use HP.

Braveanthony

Yes, with Mini-i 3, the best way of listening Tidal music is via Roon, it no companion app, so you cannot send Tidal or Qobuz music bit-perfectly from youe phone.

That’s a bummer. I was waiting for its release but as a non-Roon subscriber whose main source is Tidal and MQA, it’s a no go. Dont have ethernet hard wire so I am relying on wifi. Have Google Fiber which is excellent. Element i doesnt support MQA... might settle with Element i and software decoding of MQA.

elnan14

That’s a bummer. I was waiting for its release but as a non-Roon subscriber whose main source is Tidal and MQA, it’s a no go. Dont have ethernet hard wire so I am relying on wifi. Have Google Fiber which is excellent. Element i doesnt support MQA... might settle with Element i and software decoding of MQA.

You could just stream Tidal through bluetooth ;)

Top Bottom