• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Matching Purifi monoblock amp

TomekNet

I'm developing my already not-so-budget stereo & HT setup. I'm more than happy with Denon x3700, NAD C298 and KEF R3s. I'm waiting for a 6-channel NC252 power amp to be delivered so I could put Denon in my current 5.2.2 setup to a full pre-amp mode. Lately I've figured out I might be able to deploy two more speakers in the back, moving to 7.2.2 setup, but I'd need one more channel amplified. I'll be using R2c as a center speaker, so I came to a conclusion that using Purifi module - same as used for the front speakers - might be a best match. I'm eyeing for Audiophonics MPA-M400ET.

Should I be concerned about specs differences between C298 and MPA-M400ET?

NAD C298:
- sensitivity: 1.43V
- gain: 28.6dB

Audiophonics MPA-M400ET:
- sensitivity: 2.2V
- gain: 25.3dB

Will Audyssey handle those differences or I will run into problems?
Any better options than MPA-M400ET? I'm located in Europe.

Last edited:
OP
TomekNet

TomekNet

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Both are good choices, and cannot go wrong in my opinion.
Every AVR has level adjustment for the pre-outs, you just add a few dBs more for the front trio.
Congrats, nice system!

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm sorry, I'm not at all a AV , HT fan.
I like only stereo system and concentrate on the music with my eyes closed (or not) and not distracted by a movie.
But I'm sure that you'll get good advices here ;)

waynel

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm developing my already not-so-budget stereo & HT setup. I'm more than happy with Denon x3700, NAD C298 and KEF R3s. I'm waiting for a 6-channel NC252 power amp to be delivered so I could put Denon in my current 5.2.2 setup to a full pre-amp mode. Lately I've figured out I might be able to deploy two more speakers in the back, moving to 7.2.2 setup, but I'd need one more channel amplified. I'll be using R2c as a center speaker, so I came to a conclusion that using Purifi module - same as used for the front speakers - might be a best match. I'm eyeing for Audiophonics MPA-M400ET.

Should I be concerned about specs differences between C298 and MPA-M400ET?

NAD C298:
- sensitivity: 1.43V
- gain: 28.6dB

Audiophonics MPA-M400ET:
- sensitivity: 2.2V
- gain: 25.3dB

Will Audyssey handle those differences or I will run into problems?
Any better options than MPA-M400ET? I'm located in Europe.

that will be fine , gain will be automatically adjusted by audessy.

Top Bottom