• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mastering Mix bus EQ Noise Floors

807Recordings

One of the things that has me wondering in my potential search for an Analog Mastering/mix bus EQ is noise floors. Subjectively the better EQ's I have tested and worked with I didn't notice huge noise floor levels but if measuring there is of course an elevation in the noise floor.

Does anyone measure this, and if no then why not as this may actually be important with more modern production techniques. Also curious what are some of the lowest noise floor models.

kongwee

Major Contributor
As far as I can understand, the recording noise from ambient alway lots higher than electronic does. From the source is computer regeneration like soft synthesizer, you can listen to the floor noise of mastering bus if you dare to push the volume up.

OP
807Recordings

807Recordings

As far as I can understand, the recording noise from ambient alway lots higher than electronic does. From the source is computer regeneration like soft synthesizer, you can listen to the floor noise of mastering bus if you dare to push the volume up.
I am not sure I agree with that as I have tested, had, owned, various EQ and in some cases the highly desired types have added noise. Mostly active types and of the valve types. Better EQ I would imagine are better of course but at least in theory software should have a lower noise floor when correctly implemented (over sampling).

Top Bottom