• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have not owned anything more expensive than the AKG 371. No experience with any of the HD 6xx models....So maybe 600 is a good start. Thanks!
I think you'd indeed be better off with the HD600 rather than HD660s. I'm inclined to recommend you the HD560s though as an alternative though because it has better soundstage - it has angled drivers. I would say it's also a great frequency response which needs only a little EQ, also a low distortion headphone, some reports of good/excellent & poor channel matching (so that's variable), but it's less expensive than the HD600 too. Here's the HD560s owners thread for detail:
I have both the HD600 & HD560s amoungst other headphones, and the HD560s is my favourite headphone along with K702 (both EQ'd using Oratory's data).

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
Reposting from another thread about a discount code for the PC or Mac Dirac Live standalone version. Credit goes to @Flak

As @sweetchaos mentions in the thread:
Use the coupon code DIRACW21 at checkout for 25% off of either version of the Dirac Live Room Correction Suite!
(code valid until December 31st, 2021)

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer

can't see it selling too quickly, but they do say it's in stock
:oops:

At least they have a generous return policy ...

So take some time to get to know your new gear. We want you to enjoy your purchase for years, not just a few weeks. If you're not satisfied, you can return items in like-new condition for up to 365-days.

Another Bob

Forum Donor
JBL Studio 590 on sale for $449 each with free shipping. That's 55% off. Sale ends in 1 day and 7 hours.

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have not owned anything more expensive than the AKG 371. No experience with any of the HD 6xx models....So maybe 600 is a good start. Thanks!
Or the HD 6XX from Drop, pretty much an HD 650 with shorter cable and different color for $220. HD 6XX
Drop also has the HD 58X Jubilee for $170, another nice headphone if you want to try Senn's HD 6xx line. Link

yahrightthere

Unfortunately, I don't see it anymore. Seems like a very short duration deal.
: (
Tis there now, 15% coupon savings, & delivery looks like 2 days, & free returns, if in need seems to be a pretty good deal.
Topping EX5
review here
Would also seem that some of SMSL items also have a 15% discount coupon
SMSL SU9
S.M.S.L SU-9n

Last edited:

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think you'd indeed be better off with the HD600 rather than HD660s. I'm inclined to recommend you the HD560s though as an alternative though because it has better soundstage - it has angled drivers. I would say it's also a great frequency response which needs only a little EQ, also a low distortion headphone, some reports of good/excellent & poor channel matching (so that's variable), but it's less expensive than the HD600 too. Here's the HD560s owners thread for detail:
I have both the HD600 & HD560s amoungst other headphones, and the HD560s is my favourite headphone along with K702 (both EQ'd using Oratory's data).
I have an HE-560 v.4 into Amir for review

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have an HE-560 v.4 into Amir for review
That's cool, but I was talking about the HD560s (Sennheiser)....but good that you're sending in a headphone for review to Amir, you're doing your bit!

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I talked to a Sweetwater sales rep and got a price for a JBL 708P in the low 1700 range, which is a better price than everywhere else. If they carry what you want, it's worth contacting them.

Last edited:

MacCali

Major Contributor
HiFiMan HE6se V2 is $549 at Adorama - LINK
Is this the lowest price so far?
I think so, got mine for 600 o.o

It's kind of strange though, I think all those units from adorama are just basically open box or refurbs idk with new outer shells. Cause the adorama edition is blueish. I've seen some people purchase it and it will take a dump really quick, but it is covered under warranty. I've had mine for a year now with no issues.

Next thing to consider is unless you got a real high current amp, I would assume that's what it is, the headphones dont sound that amazing. But with a large reserve of current they are amazing to say the least.

Top Bottom