• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

carewser

The paradigm Millenia One CT 2 multimedia system originally retailed for $950 CDN. It has been discontinued and can be purchased new through Gibby's Electronics directly or through Amazon.ca for $399 CDN, that's a 58% discount.

https://www.amazon.ca/Paradigm-Shif...paradigm+shift+millenia&qid=1614021714&sr=8-2
I've always wanted them but there was no way I was going to part with a grand to get them so when I saw them on sale for $299 CDN (open box deal) I couldn't get them fast enough, the only problem is, I don't have a credit card so I had to get a friend to order them using his credit card on his computer where they were listed for $329 CDN from Gibby's but when I got home and double checked the price they were indeed $299. Bizarre

Ata

Forum Donor
Matching center is also on sale for 120.

Such deals for scientifically proven products are simply unattainable on this side of the Pacific. :rolleyes:

Yet we get people selling second hand XLR cables for $2500...

MacCali

Major Contributor
I didn't realize "low stock" meant only 1, otherwise I would not have posted it. I did think to myself, how many could they have, but didn't think it would only be 1, yikes.
Sometimes the speaker will get damaged in transit. Happened to me and from a crutch field purchase too.

Carrier only delivered one box, they[CF] reached out saying the carrier damaged it and it is going back to them. The one I got was scratch and dent because of the carrier but the speaker had no damage.

So now they got paid for 1 speaker and try to capitalize on that by selling it 2/3 off yet they really making 33% more lol

iMickey503

Forum Donor
I just picked up a 8 channel DSP with bluetooth control for 104 bucks shipped from Amazon.
Going to do some testing to it when it arrives here maybe Friday.
61DEpGnTndS._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Most of the stuff is in Spanish. There is ONE english review I have found on it.
So... Guess I will send it to Amir if anyone wants an in depth.

App is here if you want to give it a test run Android

Apple Users

There is a ENGLISH video I found.

Price is 104 Green Bucks.

And lucky for us, the dude also made a ENGLISH manual!

Here is the Video of the App BEFORE the requirement* to be used on a GPS Phone for some reason?

I can't get it to download for my Chromebook, However, there is an APK that is out there that will allow you to run this native on development mode. And I think there are older versions of the Apps as well to use on older tablets just like in this video.

All support it seems is from WhatsApp... Or Maybe Email.

Unit has been out for about 5 years or more now, so it seems like the hardware is sound. Not sure about the parts inside.

App seems to be Native in English Language...But everyone is Spanish?? :cool: OOOKay!

Quick Technical specifications:

- High Quality Digital Crossover (Well it better..)
- Excellent Functionality and Cost Benefit (No argument there for 8 outputs)
- Simplified and Accurate Commands (Easy to use?)
- Has 28 Equalization Frequencies (I think per channel)
- Gain: -18dB / 6dB (Stock gain is to high, so it has hiss turn down gain from what I heard)
- 8 (6) Customizable Channels (8 channel and 6 channel model available)
- Input Impedance: 47 kOhms (For smart people to figure out)
- Output Impedance: 100 Ohms (For smart people to figure out)
- Sampling Frequency: 48 kHz (16 bit??)
- Hi Pass and Low Pass filters: 20 to 20 kHz (seems good)
- Display with Light in Blue Color (Setup can be done on device locally without app)
- Attenuation Filter: 12, 24 and 48 (dB / 8th) (Dream come true for tweeters i would think and Dome Midranges)

- Approximate Dimensions (AxLxC): 30mm x 240mm x 120mm
- With Control Through Tablet or Smartphone Application * (As long as your phone has GPS is seems)

tumblr_lk9p23eg6g1qanzddo1_400.gif

Application & Benefits as I see them.

====== It seems like this would be best to be bought in Pairs as now you can run a FULLY active system with rear fill & since they are so inexpensive? Its not going to break the bank Perfect for the quick plug and play hobbyist till you are ready to step up to some ubermensch processor.

There is a good guide on Rear Fill on Car Audio Junkies Here.
And on MiniDSP Here

What I am excited about? First the price!
The second is that I can now test out speaker drivers to my heart's content!

The fun of this processor is going to have an easy 16 channels to work with for around $208. You may have timing issues, but I don't see that being a problem that should pose much of a problem for me as I plan to run the other channels with Tactile transducers, and stereo subwoofers, and active rear fill.

as it is I really do like a set of tweeters but I've always liked to also have a scent of super tweeters or tweeters with a bit more Sizzle in the top-end being placed at a different location to give the soundstage more depth.

Using a system like this below but adding a super tweeter or a dome midrange would take up 8 channels alone.
So basically a front active 4 way system.

decd90as-480.jpg

With the addition of

1634909950797.png

Not accurate, but you get the idea.

It also opens up the idea of testing drivers at home making it a Simple process. But since it is the Holidays?
I plan on using this little guy for doing some sound effects outside. With 8 channels, I think I could get the dealy so that when people walk up, the sound will carry down like an echo in a hallway or how sound travels with delay if you set it up right.

I already orders some Philps Hue lamps and a Halloween lighting app that makes sounds. Add a motion sensor, and I can have the lights work with this unit, Via all the AVR's I got, and then make them work in conjunction with the fog machine and Laser projectors.

Anyways, wanted to let you know about it since its a fantastic deal and its easy to work with and seems to have some good reliability.

AlexanderM

For Canada, ELAC UB51 3-way. 633.71 (pair) I hope these ones don't have the artifact, different model.

And these ELACs are pretty much always available for $199 pair.

Last edited:

Atratusnex

Focal Elex for 549 Dollar on Drop now​

ref link to get 10 Dollar off your first purchase (i get something too)

MOD Edit: referral links not allowed. Removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bontignole

A lot of ELAC speakers on sales on their website:

snaimpally

^^Hard for me to see the bargain in that Madisound kit when a Buckeye 2 channel with the 252 module is the same price, and much more powerful.
I have a Buckeye amp on order - I posted it because it is on sale so if you had your eye on it, you can get it for less. Didn't say it was the greatest deal known to mankind.

carewser

Don't be mislead to think that the MSRP matters in this case...
They're normally CDN$390 on amazon.ca
Gibby's is offering these for CDN$370.
So really, this is a 5% off sale.
and they're not even worth that. My heart goes out to all the poor bastards that paid $950CAN for this third rate system. As soon as I saw the Paradigm Millenia CT2 system I was dying to get it as Paradigm claims it's frequency response is 28hz-20khz +/-2db so not only is it really wide but it's also flat and while I can't attest to the flatness of it's frequency response I can assure you the bass doesn't go anywhere near 28hz, more like 58hz. I got it for $329CAN from Gibby's and I wouldn't even say it's worth that. My Klipsch Promedia and Logitech Z623 produce significantly deeper bass and the Klipsch is cheaper, the Logitech cheaper still. The one nice thing about this system is the satellites but after that it's all downhill. While I haven't tested it's volume against the Klipsch and Logitech systems, it claims similar power but if it's bass is any indication there's fat chance of it being as loud either

Last edited:

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Kef R3
Normally US$2200/pair, is now on sale for US$1700/pair (or 23% savings).
All 3 colours are on sale.
Amazon.com and crutchfield.com

Reviews:
Amir, Erin

That's gotta be clearance sale...for the upcoming replacement Meta R3's...I think.

Put that US$500 savings towards a nice amplifier from Buckeye, and you're set. *wink*

Last edited:

iMickey503

Forum Donor
The now $12 dollar soldering Iron Special.
But as of now, they are all bought out. So I would keep an eye on the price of these 6.5" subwoofers as they seem to have them refurbished quite often. And for reasons well outlined in the reviews.
1635599754176.png

Link to Amazon Renewed for these woofers for $10.00
HOWEVER... The Page takes your HERE... But the woofer now is $12 bucks here:
1635601015657.png

---------[MAKE SURE TO GO TO BOTTOM OF PAGE TO BuY THE RENEWED ITEM LINK]------

It seems this happens fairly often for the main reason...
the Subwoofer has some Glaring cosmetic fallacies & faults.

--X-
The woofer says Dual Voice coil, but only has a single set of leads.
---X-- The trim/ beauty ring looked different then the stock photos of the woofer in the add.
----X--- The front trim is plastic with the false information on the woofer being DVC when it is not.
---X-- 600 WATTS MY APPLES IT IS LOL!

The Speaker also has a GLARING fault when I looked at the Tinsel Leads. I think they are mounted wrong, and are to be on the top of the plastic mount, not on the bottom as shipped.
The leads seem dangerously close to hitting the spider during operation in relation to its excursion. (Tearing the TInsel from the voice coil bobbin Magnet wire may be possible )

I tried one of them out and out of the box, they were packaged well, and arrived unharmed. They look brand new. Same with the OEM box.

Initial power on free air test at low moderate power test tones revealed no audible artifacts to the construction at about 30 watts playing a few test tones.

The Subwoofer seems to do its job without chuffing itself or showing any noise related to construction of the driver by the factory at low power levels in limited Free Air testing.

Also Parts Express has these for $22 bucks. The model shown looks a LOT better on the TInsel leads compared to mine. It also has the same Wrong print being DVC.

PHOTOS:
1635601612004.png

1635601696524.png

Notice these terminal Blocks? They should be Mounted on the TOP on yours IMO as the way these renewed items seem to be Short on Tinsel length, and the angle they are in is already VERY close to the spider.

THe Parts Express version seems to be a Better woofer overall.
1635601852961.png
Mine do not look like this. That nice loop seems to be the reason why these are so cheap as you will have to make some changes here if you want to use these as subwoofers or at power ratings.

Parts Express lists these specs:
Lanzar MAXP64 6.5" 600 Watt Subwoofer

Lanzar's MAXP64 is a 6.5" high powered subwoofer with non-press paper cone and specially treated foam edge suspension. Features a 1.5" high temperature aluminum voice coil. Rubber magnet boot cover.

Specifications:
• Impedance: 4 ohm
• Fs: 80 Hz
• Qms: 4.05
• Qes: 1.3
• Qts: 1.2
• SPL: 87 dB

• Vas: 6.8 cu. ft.
• Magnet weight: 40 oz.

• Mounting depth: 3".

The woofer seems to need a Bigger box then some 12" woofers in order to play low, Otherwise the box for this is rather large.
k2-_83c991c6-1680-4ac5-b8e3-4758a5961b23.v1.jpg
This one is actually to small believe it or not.

There should be Many more coming up as they go up for sale in batches of 25 or more.
Have Amazon alert you when they are in stock or up in the warehouse for sale or keep an eye out manually.

the only real candidate I think would be something like an arcade cabinet. or maybe a do-it-yourself racing simulator using these instead of tactile transducers. they do pack quite a punch for their size.

Sound quality? I really have not had any chance to test these yet. It does seem to have a GFRP construction for the basket, so it has that going for it.
At $10-12 bucks shipped? It's a steal of a deal as long as you get your soldering iron out and your Phillips screwdriver to reorient the terminal Leads for longevity at higher power levels as the woofer indeed has a good amount of Xmax from my limited testing.

For car door installs, you will need a 1/2 inch spacer for most Door applications. The spacer might cost more then the woofer. :cool:

Fahzz

Forum Donor
Kef R3
Normally US$2200/pair, is now on sale for US$1700/pair (or 23% savings).
All 3 colours are on sale.
Amazon.com and crutchfield.com

Reviews:
Amir, Erin

That's gotta be clearance sale...for the upcoming replacement Meta R3's...I think.

Put that US$500 savings towards a nice amplifier from Buckeye, and you're set. *wink*

Buy or wait... decisions decisions.

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

iMickey503

Forum Donor

warthor

The whole R series is on sale through Jan. 8 on KEF and through authorized vendors:

It seems the R series was released in 2018. Is 4 years long enough for a refresh? I thought the previous R series was out longer than that.

Also, even it is time for a refresh the R series is great so it seems like a reasonable purchase anyway.

Lpd2

Just bought the Monoprice THX AAA 887 Balanced Headphone Amplifier for $250 direct from Monoprice website. About 350 on amazon, 399 msrp. Read the review and testing! The link to product is on that page just below the measurements post. I believe I am done fooling with full-sized headphone amps for awhile (other than selling one).

Top Bottom