• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Audyssey is not actually recommending that crossover point. Up to the user to choose.

What it means is that Audyssey will not EQ the speakers below that point. Audyssey is basing it on the roll off of the speakers, as you don't want to be boosting the speakers with EQ below where they start dropping off in response.

So if the AVR comes back 80 hz, such as with some bookshelf speakers, and you set your speakers to 40hz crossover with the sub, the room correction won't be functioning on the speakers below 80hz.
Ah. Didn't know that. Thanks for the clarification.

Edit-just realized I zoned out and was thinking about my old Onkyo AVR which did use Audyssey-the newer RZ810 uses Accu-EQ. So maybe it is trying to set the crossover low...

Last edited:

peterwen

Audio Company
Loxjie D50 Another I recommend is this Loxjie D50 Ak4499 dac, including shipping. Send from Eu and UK.
About 20% off discount now.
360截图20210907104641162.jpg

Brick

Forum Donor
Hi @AdamG247 thank you for bringing me up to speed and your kindness. My Brick avatar is spot on - I posted these posts in the wrong forum :)

So this is weird and kind of a last option for me. I think it may turn out to be good for folks here. I love this thread - like I don't think I have come across a better one.

My issue and deal is this: There was false advertising that I tried to discreetly bring up to a website linsoul.com and just wanted them to honor their advertised pricing for my one one purchase for my own enjoyment. Their response and their need to avoid the issue has prompted this post. Maybe others can benefit from this major issue.

I own the Thieaudio Monarch IEM - they are my TOTL(not relevant to discussion other than I like to check to see if the price has changed). If you scroll down to the bottom of the page is what I consider false advertisement at best and fraud at worst. I brought this up to them am gave reasonable options(3 to be exact and non of them were greedy on my behalf in my opinion).

First - the site isn't fixed, it literarily is falsely advertising the wrong price :
URL - https://www.linsoul.com/collections/thieaudio/products/thieaudio-monarch (scroll the the very bottom)

I also have Moondrop S8s which are also TOTL IEMs. They just aren't for me. They smooth out the music and don't hit with the bass or the trebles in an unfiltered way. I feel like there are some crossover stuff going on that make it a pleasant experience. The Monarchs are more vicarial and doesn't hold back - I like it better. To each their own :)

The IEMs in question are Fearless Audio x Crinacle Dawn. Will I pay 1400 USD for these - not at all, won't even consider it. At 730 USD, yes please - I may take 2 at that price.

Please find screenshots attached to further show the issue.

What is my aim/goal? I tried resolving this issue via a kind customer server rep, wanted to talk to a manager(Karen style) and I was responded to with what I call "non-responses". It is basically responding but not even acknowledging the issue presented. If you are interest in these IEMs I would suggest demanding getting them for the price and giving them a difficult time - it is kind of my own recourse. I have no allusions that any of this will work, but there is a shot that folks will get high end IEMs at reasonable prices.

I have been a huge lurker and disabled an account a while ago(I even subscribed, sorry Amir for cancelling), not due to my own toxicity but due to things out of my control(things said about me that were not even close to being true - what can I say, it is the internet). This whole spiel is actually very much against my personality and kind of against my conscience, but the "non-responses" I received bugged me to the point that I thought it was warranted.

Doh, I wanted to mention my screenshots and edits were from registered Adobe products(PDFs) and Techsmiths Snagit. Snagit has always been solid for me - I think Windows 10 has a free replacement for it and works great, alas I'm old and stuck in my ways :)

I love audio and am grateful for you guys as a community :)

Thanks for your time and stay health :)
Shawn

Attachments

• Upload 1.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
  • Upload 2.png
    Upload 2.png
    297.6 KB · Views: 81
  • Upload 3 Cropped To Just Show Bottom.jpg
    Upload 3 Cropped To Just Show Bottom.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
I have already ordered 6 subwoofers all between $170-320 each. I can’t afford to buy anymore and I don’t have the time to measure more than that.

Most have arrived. I paid for all of these out of my own pocket (using funds from Patreon and donations). I am waiting for at least one more sub before I start testing.

Infinity R12 - $170
Bic F12 - $300
Dayton SUB-1200 - $180
Jamo C9 - $309
Klipsch R-12SW - $200

5195CCBC-02D4-48DB-94A7-C48F900A43E8.jpeg

I also just got the Klipsch 12SW today.

191F3206-554C-4E52-A2A3-1FCA38E61A6A.jpeg

Last edited:

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Most have arrived. I paid for all of these out of my own pocket (using funds from Patreon and donations). I am waiting for at least one more sub before I start testing.

Infinity R12 - $170
Bic F12 - $300
Dayton SUB-1200 - $180
Jamo C9 - $309
Klipsch R-12SW - $200

View attachment 152412

I also just got the Klipsch 12SW today.

View attachment 152414
I thought the trim ring was pretty nice on the R12. Of course I like shiny things:D.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Then again there are headphones that reach at least 30kHz so 1.5 to 2 octaves above the audible range.
fr-aangedrukt.png

Ananda

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
A frequency response to 51,000 Hz. Since I can hear to about 14,000, do I get a discount?
lol. Yeah, 51KHZ at -100dB, but you have to market to the people that believe in fairytale of hi-rez audio.

FR graph Credits: @solderdude
View attachment 152854
Then again there are headphones that reach at least 30kHz so 1.5 to 2 octaves above the audible range.
fr-aangedrukt.png

Ananda
Yeah, "Hi-Res" audio is ridiculous, I can't hear beyond around 15.5kHz, the amount of people thinking frequency response extension into 20kHz+ territory is important is ridiculous! It's just not an important factor to latch onto - the most important factor is aiming for anechoically flat between 20Hz-20kHz for speakers along with good directivity & hopefully reasonably good low distortion and for headphones something along the lines of something close to Harman Curve (which is only really relevant 20Hz-10kHz) & without nasty jaggedness & likewise low distortion if you can. No point latching onto 20kHz+ so called Hi-Res Audio, ridiculousness! :D

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom