• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Better choice for a starter 2ch system between JBL 590 refurbs ($760) and Klipsch RP-280FA ($600)? Powered by a Denon AVR

The Klipsch RP-280FA have upward firing Atmos speakers in them; you'd be better off with the RP-280F unless you plan to extend the 2ch system into an Atmos home theater at a later date.

I own a 7.2 channel Klipsch reference system with RF-82 II upfront and I'd choose the JBL 590. The Klipsch are great for home theater and have better choices for matching center channels and surrounds. But for stereo only go with the JBL.

Martin

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
KOSS KPH30I are $20 plus shipping on Drop
https://drop.com/buy/koss-kph30i

I got m, love m, love m even more with the Grado 1000 pads mod.

Any generic giant size Grado pads will do like these for $11ish. Check to be sure they are the huge over ear pads.

They look silly but are nutso comfortable and sound great. I will not link to Z-reviews discussion on principle, but if you Google Kph30i Grado pad mod you will find it. Like wearing giant weightless pillows, but HiFi.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I got m, love m, love m even more with the Grado 1000 pads mod.

Any generic giant size Grado pads will do like these for $11ish. Check to be sure they are the huge over ear pads.

They look silly but are nutso comfortable and sound great. I will not link to Z-reviews discussion on principle, but if you Google Kph30i Grado pad mod you will find it. Like wearing giant weightless pillows, but HiFi.

I heard about that mod, and I might try it with the extra one I ordered for me from Drop.

I found out that the clear version of the KPH30i that I recently got does not have the foam behind the driver as with all other KPH30i. So it will be interesting to hear what everybody else hears with the standard configuration.

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
B&H Dealzone of the day has the Polsen PMA-28 Stereo Personal In Ear amplifier reduced to $25 shipped free.

Targeted at performers for amping IEMs, it has 2 Balanced XLR inputs and an unbalanced 3.5mm output. 40mW output max, .01% THD and greater than 90dB S/N A weighted. runs off battery or 9V input. They appear to be selling fast. Not practical for many audiophiles, but for those who are looking for something to connect their XLR DAC outputs to, this is a thing.

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
B&H Dealzone of the day has the Polsen PMA-28 Stereo Personal In Ear amplifier reduced to $25 shipped free.

Targeted at performers for amping IEMs, it has 2 Balanced XLR inputs and an unbalanced 3.5mm output. 40mW output max, .01% THD and greater than 90dB S/N A weighted. runs off battery or 9V input. They appear to be selling fast. Not practical for many audiophiles, but for those who are looking for something to connect their XLR DAC outputs to, this is a thing.

I saw that as well and was curious about how it would work as a portable amp. I read the one review and the reviewer made a good point:
  • If you have the right adapter (one of these should work) then you can use your phone as a source. For iPhone users you'd also need the lightning-to-3.5mm adapter.
Maybe a little too bulky to comfortably use as a portable amp but it could work.

amadeuswus

Forum Donor

Amazing that this can be sold for a profit at the price. Strangely, if you order the PMA-2B bundled with its power supply, the price is $54.95; but you can order the power supply separately for just $9.95.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1552854-REG/auray_ps_9v_9_volt_power_supply.html

Cahudson42

Major Contributor
Never know...once again Harmon has the AKG N90Q back to $299 from $1500..
https://www.harmanaudio.com/akg/N90+Q.html

IMO, at that price, if you are a Headphone type, it's worth looking at. You may relegate it to where you appreciate the ANC, portability, and being closed back, but as an 'all in one' '..hard to beat. Using mine with a $30 LG Rebel TracFone via USB OTG. All it needs...

boselover61

Isn't the real price just $299?
I mean as far as selling them at some profit? $299 probably still makes them money. The cost to make these is anywhere between $20 to $100. They were actually retailed $1500 when they came out tho. It's just the harman way of doing things. I remember the JBL Studio 560p Subwoofer retailed for $800 when they came out back in 2011, forward to maybe winter that year and they were half priced already

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Never know...once again Harmon has the AKG N90Q back to $299 from $1500..

I wonder how much of the discount is because the letter “Q” has been so thoroughly defiled by crazed extremists, insurrectionists, and conspiracy theorists. They should redo the logo to add a “J” element, so the things can be worn in polite company again.

FrankF

Forum Donor
I wonder how much of the discount is because the letter “Q” has been so thoroughly defiled by crazed extremists, insurrectionists, and conspiracy theorists. They should redo the logo to add a “J” element, so the things can be worn in polite company again.
Wow, that's out there. Hopefully Audi will be selling the Q series SUV for 80% off.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Wow, that's out there. Hopefully Audi will be selling the Q series SUV for 80% off.

For better or worse, in 2021 America “Q5” or whatever has a different meaning than just “Q.”

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Aiyima Tube-T5 Remote Controlled DAC Preamp Headphone Amp w/Bluetooth is offered by an Amazon merchant with Prime Shipping for $69. It appears to be a closeout with just 2 left, Ali Express price with slow shipping is $83 This could be a good companion for adding function to Class-D amps. The Tube Buffer will add euphonic distortions to infuse a musical glow into their cold digital hearts;)

Aiyima has newer Remote/Buffer/Preamp/DAC/Bluetooth all in ones out including this Xduoo looking new release BUT the T5 interests me as it has 2 Line Inputs, and a 6.3mm headphone jack with 40mW(300)/300mW(32) output, which is a lot higher than the Hphone outs of others of this type. The remote looks well laid out with no null buttons. Digital Bass/Treble/Volume control. Tubes are internal which is unique, perhaps providing a cup warmer function. I expect measurements would not inspire confidence, but the Ali Express link has some graphs if you scroll down forever.

No power supply included, requires 12v 1a DC, but some of the tube models do better with 1.5/2 amp. to handle power up surge.

Last edited:

kiyu

Guys,

it looks like ali express got their anniversary and they will be a lot of discounts

I was checking topping dx7pro 567$
smsl su 9 407$

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom