• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I wish I had foresight on the n90q sale. I ordered a pair in the last sale, which was for gold with July delivery, and today they had black with imminent shipping. The black is blingy enough for me.

Last edited:

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I wish I had foresight on the n90q sale. I ordered a pair in the last sale, which was for gold with July delivery, and today they had black with imminent shipping. The black us blingy enough for me.
I just canceled my order, same gold with July wait time. Too much going on in life at the moment to be buying crap I don't need, maybe down the road the black model will pop up when I can actually get it within a month, lol.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
N90Q back on sale at $299..and we're actually in stock a few minutes ago..

https://www.harmanaudio.com/akg/N90+Q.html

If you are not familiar with it, see:
https://www.stereophile.com/content/akg-n90q-noise-canceling-auto-calibrating-over-ear-headphones

An 'odd duck' for sure, but perhaps when combined with a Qudelix to PEQ the faults mentioned in the above review, might be 'unbeatable' overall for $400 total..

Anyway, they usually don't last long at $299..

Edit.. 8pm EDT gone. :(
I love Tyll. He reminds me of my pop. I bet he has a unusually high Neanderthal DNA... we do.

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
KRK Classic 5
Was US$150/ea, now on sale for US$125/ea (17% drop) on amazon.com (2nd amazon listing here).....

I see the KRK Rokit 5 G4 that Amir tested here has also dropped $50/pr to $298 a pair. It was $350 til March 1. Specs seem close to the Classic, but with what looks like a very useful DSP room EQ built in. Amir did not test the DSP. The Classic has a nicer waveguide look, but Amir recommended the G4 without trying its built in DSP.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Philips SHP9500
Over-the-ear, open-back headphones.
Was US$74, now on sale for US$64 (13% drop) on amazon.com
Seller: Worldwide Suppliers
Last time it was this low was back in Dec, making this 2nd best deal in the last year.

SHP9500 price went up this weekend. Back to $64 today
https://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHP9500S-Precision-Over-ear-Headphones/dp/B00ENMK1DW

Maybe this is going to be the new normal, when the prices is more often $64 than not. Or I wonder if Philips may be clearing stock to drop the SHP9500 now that the SHP9600 is out?

Guess we'll find out :)

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you want more from Tyll Hertzens after the AKG N90q post 2315, here is a deal I just found on the most recent Tyll review I know of...in full van life mode.

Tyll reviews the Funcl W1 and Funcl AI TWS headphones for a van life friend here. I see the smaller W1 is available for $20 here (same as the indegogo price) and the AI which indegogo'd at $50, for $20 after the on page coupon code.

Reviews are meh...but who are you going to trust, Amz reviews or the self described "worlds most authoritative headphone reviewer" with perhaps a couple of Pabst Blue Ribbons on.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Monoprice Subwoofers are on sale, 10-20% off.

Monolith 10" THX:
Normally US$500, now on sale for US$450 (10% drop) on monoprice.com

Monolith 12" THX:
Normally US$800, now on sale for US$700 (12% drop) on monoprice.com

Monolith 15" THX:
Normally US$1340, now on sale for US$1200 (10% drop) on monoprice.com

Monolith M-215 Dual 15"
Normally US$2500, now on sale for US$2000 (20% drop) on monoprice.com

To see how well these perform, see my 'subwoofer comparison' spreadsheet.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor

Cahudson42

Major Contributor
Looks like one more day for the $299 N90Q:

https://www.harmanaudio.com/akg/N90+Q.html

Suggestion if you buy: Pay extra for other than the included base ground shipping. I did not, and am still waiting 10 days after supposedly being shipped via an apparently incompetent mixture of UPS and USPS called 'UPS Mail Innovations''.

I watched UPS tracking where it took 4 days to show up at all. Eventually it arrived at a UPS facility 10 miles from my address, whereupon it was transferred to USPS - who promptly shipped it 140 miles away. As UPS tracking stopped.

Buy extra shipping:)

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor

hhkg34

Better choice for a starter 2ch system between JBL 590 refurbs ($760) and Klipsch RP-280FA ($600)? Powered by a Denon AVR

SimpleTheater

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
He said Klipsch and better in the same sentence. :D
Sorry @hhkg34 but we’re a bit snobbish here so I’ll apologize. You should really take your question and start a new thread, this is for deal talk.

Top Bottom