• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Certainkindoffool

Forum Donor
For Canadians:
Musiccitycanada.com started their Boxing Week sale. Up to 15% off, until Dec 31. My prediction came true. Discount is auto-applied, no need for coupons. This matches the previous Black Friday’s 15%-off sale.

They only charge 5% tax with free shipping for people who live outside of Ontario.

Link to studio monitors.
Genelec studio monitors are 10% off!
Ex. Genelec 8030 is $700-$70=$630, before tax.

Caution: It looks like a glitch is on their website right now, and it's only auto-calculating 10% off, not 15% as the advertised promo...I've emailed tech support already!
UPDATE:
Their response was "Sale prices are up to 15% off regular price, and it's dependent on the brand".
Ouch, so Genelecs didn't get the 15% discount.
Well, that's highly disappointing...MusicCity had 15% off Genelecs on Black Friday sale, but now has only 10% during Boxing week sale! :(

FYI, I ordered a pair of 8030c's from Music City on Black Friday, and they have not shipped yet.

Certainkindoffool

Forum Donor
I wouldn't worry, there's no stock from other resellers/dealers.
They're probably shipping from Finland.
Long-mcquade is showing shipping into Jan 15th.

Ahh, so you got 15% off? I'm jealous! :D

Yes, I believe it was your post that alerted me - thanks! I happened to be drunk at the time and just ordered them without thinking much about it. I probably wouldn't have ordered them otherwise, they are a bit overkill for my office, as its sandwiched between a nursery and my daughters room. But, with the reputation genelec has, I think I'll be able to keep them a long time.

Edit: Music City responded to my inquiry with a mid January delivery. Apparently the Genelec distribution centre is closed until January 4th.

Last edited:

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Would love to see a review of this and the smaller THX-365 mini-tower series here.
Already measured by AH, in case you can't wait. ;)
1609195241887.png

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Active Bookshelf (for Canadians):
Edifier R1280T
Currently CDN$130 on amazon.ca, but now on sale for CDN$100 (23% drop) at bestbuy.ca (until Dec 24).
They've extended the sale until Dec 31.

They are CDN$30 more expensive on amazon, so bestbuy is the better deal.

Amir's review. I suggest you try Maiky76's PEQ posted here.
I don't see a better measured* speaker for a CDN$100 budget.

Crane

Forum Donor
You're pretty much the person who posts here the most and i for one am grateful and appreciate it.

That being said It's always good to see discounts in other countries (confusing tone :p).

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Alright, thanks for the feedback. I'll continue posting here. :)

Studio Monitors (for Americans):
Donner Dyna 4
Was US$128, now on sale for US$103 (20% off) on amazon.com (lowest price ever).
To get the deal, apply coupon on main page, then add to cart.
4" woofer, with bluetooth, selling on amazon since Aug 2020.

Donner Dyna 3
Was US$97, now on sale for US$76 (20% off) on amazon.com (lowest price ever).
3" woofer, with bluetooth, selling on amazon since Aug 2020.

By the way, these are quickly gaining popularity on Amazon since 3 months ago, and it's currently sitting at #8, #9 spot of best selling studio monitors.
They're also at #5 and #8 best selling on Canadian Amazon as well.

Last edited:

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Audioengine HDP6 for $245 at Drop. Note these are the passive version of the HD6

https://drop.com/buy/audio-engine-p6-speakers
Amazing deal. Expires in 6 days.
It's better than the lowest price in the last year (US$290 in Jan 2020) on amazon.com.
Someone should ship to Amir for testing!

In Canada, it's CDN$550, wow.
I've never purchased from Drop, but shipping seems a bit absurd at US$71.50 (yikes!) to Canada.
Plus, they don't take into account any duties upon import, so you'll need to cover that as it arrives.

Last edited:

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Alright, thanks for the feedback. I'll continue posting here. :)

Studio Monitors (for Americans):
Donner Dyna 4
Was US$128, now on sale for US$103 (20% off) on amazon.com (lowest price ever).
4" woofer, with bluetooth, selling on amazon since Aug 2020.

Donner Dyna 3
Was US$97, now on sale for US$76 (20% off) on amazon.com (lowest price ever).
3" woofer, with bluetooth, selling on amazon since Aug 2020.

By the way, these are quickly gaining popularity on Amazon since 3 months ago, and it's currently sitting at #8, #9 spot of best selling studio monitors.
They're also at #5 and #8 best selling on Canadian Amazon as well.

I looked into these a little more. Hard to find any good reviews of them. On Amazon, 27% of the testimonials gave them a 3 star or less, which is pretty bad. So they might be top selling because they started with some shill reviews, which is extremely common on Amazon. Or because Amazon is getting paid to push them in its recommended lists. So I'd be cautious of listing a speaker just because it's popular selling on Amazon.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I looked into these a little more. Hard to find any good reviews of them. On Amazon, 27% of the testimonials gave them a 3 star or less, which is pretty bad. So they might be top selling because they started with some shill reviews, which is extremely common on Amazon. Or because Amazon is getting paid to push them in its recommended lists. So I'd be cautious of listing a speaker just because it's popular selling on Amazon.
Amazing Amazon can't get the fake reviews under control with generic Chinese brands. Star ratings and recommendations for things like action cameras, HDMI cables, etc. are a disaster.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Amazing Amazon can't get the fake reviews under control with generic Chinese brands. Star ratings and recommendations for things like action cameras, HDMI cables, etc. are a disaster.

And I looked the Eris 3.5 speakers. The Donner speakers show up as sponsored product when you scroll through the list

donner speakers.png

The Donner 3" and 4" product page lists these speakers as first appearing on Amazon August 24, 2020. So what you bet Donner bought a bunch of Amazon advertising for them, too, to stimulate sales?

I also searched for them on the Donner website. Cannot find them.

So I looked at the seller on Amazon, DonnerDirect. Check out the description, which I copied:
"DonnerDirect is a wholesale and retail online store ,which is Trustworthy and Reliable.We are specialize in musical instrument,especially in Guitar Effect Pedal.We have our won research & development team,better price and higher quality here!We strive to offer superior customer service, technical support. You can be assured that you will receive a first class customer service and best shopping experience in using our store."

I would not buy speakers from them. lol

Top Bottom