• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
with room correction, any thoughts on how these would stack up vs. 8020b Genelecs?
Not sure but in the reviews I read there were some people who use 8040's and they say the MTM's mostly keep up in sound quality, they just don't get as loud or have as big a soundstage. I figured there probably isn't better for the price so I grabbed them when it said there were 2 left in stock. I wonder if I'll get 2 microphones?

earlevel

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Not sure but in the reviews I read there were some people who use 8040's and they say the MTM's mostly keep up in sound quality, they just don't get as loud or have as big a soundstage. I figured there probably isn't better for the price so I grabbed them when it said there were 2 left in stock. I wonder if I'll get 2 microphones?
Two mics, if you bought as two separate speakers—they also come in a box as a pair, but everyone I've seen carries them as individuals, which makes sense (get one as a center channel, etc.). One mic per box! (Hilariously, the pair-per-box cost is one cent higher than buying two individuals, and you only get one mic.)

Last edited:

yourmando

Seen this?

They left the iLoud MTM uncalibrated in the comparison. A bit unfortunate, since no one would really buy these only to throw away the calibration mic and leave them uncalibrated. I can see wanting an apples to apples comparison, but it ignores one of the main reasons to buy the iLoud MTM.

JEarle

Forum Donor
Infinity Reference 162's were showing sold out on Harmanaudio.com last night, but just checked and they appear to have more available now. Guess thats my cue to order some.

Edit:
Ordered a pair and now they are showing sold out again...either I bought the last pair or there was an issue with the website. Sorry!

earlevel

Addicted to Fun and Learning
They left the iLoud MTM uncalibrated in the comparison. A bit unfortunate, since no one would really buy these only to throw away the calibration mic and leave them uncalibrated. I can see wanting an apples to apples comparison, but it ignores one of the main reasons to buy the iLoud MTM.
True, I almost added "FWIW", but it also gives and idea of the relative sizes between the two, which I thought was helpful. For me, it was a lot about the size tradeoff versus sound, since I'm using them next to my XDR display. Even though they are tall, it helps that they are narrow and that they can be used below ear level—without additional stands and desktop awkwardness. I'm sure something like the Neumann KH 80, in the ballpark on size/sound/price, sound great, but would have been a poor fit on my desktop.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Passive Tower (for Americans):
Definitive Technology BP9060
BestBuy.com shows US$1200/ea.
Amazon.com shows US$1200/ea, but it's usually US$950/ea. Lowest was US$550/ea in Jan 2020.
Bhphotovideo.com has them on sale for US$650/ea (46% drop). It's available only in 2-4 weeks, and Offer ends Dec 06 at 11:59 PM EST.

Link to vendor's site.
3-way tower.
Claimed frequency response 18hz-40khz (measured was F6 at 29hz)
1. SoundAndVision
BP9060 surround = red trace.
The BP9060’s listening-window response measures +1.53/–2.31 dB from 200 Hz to 10 kHz.
The –3dB point is at 32 Hz, and the –6dB point is at 29 Hz.
Impedance reaches a minimum of 4.59 ohms at 365 Hz and a phase angle of –47.01 degrees at 208 Hz.
1607236252156.png

2. HomeTheaterReview
Look at blue trace, ignore purple trace.
1607235840336.png

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Etymotic (for US buyers):

ER2SE - Previous best deal mentioned on this thread was US$70. Adorama.com has it for US$70. UPDATE: NOW US$60.
ER2XR
- Previous best deal mentioned on this thread was US$80. Etymotic.com has it for US$70.

ER3XR - Previous best deal mentioned on this thread was US$90. Adorama.com has it for US$80. UPDATE: NOW US$75.
ER3SE
- Previous best deal mentioned on this thread was US$90. Etymotic.com has it for US$140. UPDATE: NOW US$75 (from adorama).

ER4SR - Previous best deal mentioned on this thread was US$160. Adorama.com has it for US$150. UPDATE: NOW US$140.
ER4XR
- Previous best deal mentioned on this thread was US$160. Adorama.com has it for US$150. UPDATE: NOW US$140.

See updated prices in red.

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've been using the Mg's for a couple of years but I'm curious about the Be's. From the reading I've done, I would expect a similar sound but with more refinement and balance. A lot of people complain the cables are too...simple, but you know what? I want light weight so they don't weigh on my ears. Just say no to thick IEM cables.

Last edited:

manoy385

For Canadians, Beats Solo3 Wireless is on sale at Walmart for $49 in-store only. I know it's Beats but the Solo3 Wireless is the only Beats headphones that Tyll Hertsens gave a good review when Innerfidelity was still alive.

Top Bottom