• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
Anybody has experience with Hifiman open box? Are they worth the risk?

I bought a pair of open box HE400i's from the HiFiMan store about a year ago. Pristine condition and they've worked flawlessly, but YMMV. That said the open box cans don't get the standard 1-year replacement warranty that HiFiMan offers for new headphones.

Reactions: fun

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Buydig in the U.S. has refurbished Audio Technica ATH-DSR7BT Over Ear Closed Bluetooth Headphones with Direct Digital Drive for $59 shipped. Not ANC, these are audio quality focused, released in 2017 at $300. Aptx and Aptx HD, digital amp built in, they can play from BT or the included USB A cable from Windows computers (perhaps Apple too, I have not tried that). Lots of reviews out there. They are a bit bright (which is good for old men like me), but comfortable and very detailed.

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Audiozombic

I bought a pair of open box HE400i's from the HiFiMan store about a year ago. Pristine condition and they've worked flawlessly, but YMMV. That said the open box cans don't get the standard 1-year replacement warranty that HiFiMan offers for new headphones.
They seem updated their warranty policy on open-box units.
1601259281867.png

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Focal Aria 948 for $3600 a pair at World Wide Stereo. I just ordered a pair.

Last edited:

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
Not a deal at all, but did anybody tried that (snake?) oil for your ears ?
30 days return policy
https://www.flareaudio.com/products/calmer

I won't lie, I went down the rabbit hole a bit looking at these. I don't even know where to start with my questions ...

Anyhoo, I'll simply post their claims. (https://www.flareaudio.com/pages/calmer-music)

"Wear whilst listening to music for a clearer sound, increased definition and an upgraded listening experience."

calmer.png

Top Bottom